Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy Pioneer Day!

Hey Everyone,

This week was super crazy. The highlight of the whole week might have been Tuesday night when we just sat back, relaxed, and ate the best meal of my entire mission.... a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So, so good. I've definitely been missing me some PB&J. The greatest birthday present. Thank you so much family for the peanut butter.
So then this week was pretty jam packed full of us preparing for a ward activity. Nothing gets done in the area of activities down here if the elders aren't involved and that was definitely true this week. We did EVERYTHING for this activity. It was super awesome though and the ward loves us now. It was Santa MarĂ­a Tiene Talento and everyone loved it. I did my special number doing some super crazy jump rope stunts and everyone laughed at my costume, which I will try to send the picture next week.
It was all just so awesome, but took up ALL of our time. We did get some good lessons in this week though and were blessed with our first baptism. It was an 8 year-old kid who was just so awesome and so ready. His grandparents, aunts, and cousins are members, but not his dad. His dad actually came to the baptism yesterday though and we're going to try to make him more of a priority. It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord knows EXACTLY what we all need and how much He has prepared people to hear the message
.
Thanks to Hyrum for the birthday letter and I'm super excited for Aannaliisa as well as Matthew who will be joining the missionary force so soon. I wouldn't trade this for anything and am so grateful to be sharing it with so many people that I love so much.
It was pretty cool this week to be able to work with Elder Poole who was my MTC companion because he's in my ward now and it was cool seeing how far we've both come.
Yesterday I got to talk to some German guy who is here just doing service for a year in a Lutheran church. It was pretty crazy to be able to talk to him in Spanish and understand things. He was definitely less believing than the Latino's and I have a ton more respect for all my brethren and sistren who have and are serving in Europe. Dad, if you have some cool German things I should say to him let me know.

I love you all so much and am loving the mission. This is the best!
Thanks for being the greatest ever and I'll talk to you again next week with more details and awesome stories from the land of the Lamanites. I'm so grateful they have ''believing blood'' as my president calls it.

Have the best week ever and know you are all in my prayers.

Love your best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment