Monday, January 7, 2013

I Love It!

Hola Everybody,
 
This week was full of so much craziness and I'm just going to write so bear with me.
 
I just found out that I am being transferred to the ward (or branch, I'm not really sure) Zapallal in the zone Puente Piedra. My new companion is Elder Aubrey and he has the same time as me in the mission so it's going to get pretty real here pretty soon. We'll see how much Spanish I really know and I'm looking forward to it. The mission is just one long adventure made up of a lot of small ones and I am so excited.
 
I am praying that Nomi received my letter, which I  sent. The mail doesn't always make it though so prayer is all I have. If you get it please tell me, if not  tell me too because I might have to write it again. Let's just say I could have been a poet or a novelist with that letter.
 
Also, please thank the Crandall's, Thursby's, Mead's, and the old stake presidency for their Christmas letters. It just means so much to know that people are thinking about me.
 
I'm so excited for Hillary to go through the temple this week. I will be thinking about you Saturday Hillary and know you will feel the Spirit so strong in The House of the Lord. I love the Salt Lake Temple and I'm looking forward to going to the temple with all of you when I get home. Also, if she needs to know more about her mission, Dane Taylor is there right now and I'm sure his parents would love to talk with her if she needs anything.
 
This week we got to go to the airport and had such a good time eating Papa John's. It was so amazing and it was lots of fun to just be in the airport.
 
We went in a mototaxi this week for Elder Brimley's first time. He was really happy so the next day I decided we should do it again. We got in and she really didn't know how to drive. She was just learning and it was a crazy ride. We stalled about 8 times including in the middle of one of the busiest streets in our area. I was just laughing so hard, but Elder Brimley was less impressed with this ride. We started walking to our appointment and talked about the crazy ride. A guy said hi and we just said hi and kept walking. I didn't think anything, but then he called us back. He said he was a member for like 12 years but hadn't gone to church for 11. He gave us his name and address and said he wanted to go to church so we told him we would send the missionaries from his ward to his house to help him get to church. His name is Marco Antonio and it just amazed me how God worked it out perfectly. We stalled the right amount of times and he walked down the perfect street so we could meet and help him come back to church. I know the Lord's hand is in his work more than I can ever imagine and I am so grateful for His help. I can't do it without His help.
 
I worked with Elder Brimley all week and it was amazing. We just talked and had such a great time, but when we were in the lessons we got down to business. He is such a great missionary and I'm so grateful for the time I got to learn from him. We have been teaching a man named Jorge and he is just crazy. He wants to know everything about everything and it's a little hard to get him to focus on the most important thing which is reading the Book of Mormon, but I know Heavenly Father can help him. Silverio Jose is just so ready to be baptized and he already knows everything he needs. I am so grateful Heavenly Father helped us meet in the street to help His son be baptized into th e only true church.
 
Gustavo was baptized yesterday after us knowing him for 2 weeks and having taught him a total of 3 times. We taught him everything he needed, it just went  by so fast. He was already reading the Liahona and the Elder's Quorum manual. It was just another tender mercy of God that he could be baptized right before I leave. I am so grateful for all of the experiences I had in the wonderful ward Faucett.
 
I'm going to miss watching the planes taking off and just having a fun time with Elder Brimley and Elder Aparicio. I have learned so much this transfer and I hope I can just continue to learn and grow. Oh yeah, the fireworks were even crazier on New Years than Christmas and I will never forget the time I spent here in this area as I'm sure there is no way I will ever forget this time I'm given to be a missionary. I am really learning to love my mission and am so grateful for all the experiences I've been given.
 
One more thing. Thank you so much for telling me about the funeral and how perfect it was for Papa. I know Nomi will be taken care of, but it makes me happy to think that you will still be there with her. Thank you Aannaliisa for  staying with her and I'm so excited for your decision to serve a mission. Everyone out  there, just pray about it if you are thinking about going on a mission. I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything, the bad just as much as the good. I love my mission and you will love yours too Aannaliisa and Hillary.
 
I love you all so much and continue to pray for you. Please pray for  all the missionaries, we really can't do this without heavens help.
 
Have the greatest week ever (with school and work hitting full speed again)!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I love you with all of my heart!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Love your son, brother, and friend,
Elder Aaron Wheatley
 
This is a muneca.  They explode them!




Gustavo's Baptism
Peanut Butter is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment