Monday, February 11, 2013

Just Like That

Hey Everybody,

Another week passes by just like that and I hope I'm learning all that our Heavenly Father wants me to learn.

That's hard to hear about all the people who have passed away, but I know they are in a better place and there was a talk about that in the last General Conference by Elder Shayne Bowen (I think). It was weird reading it again because when he spoke in October none of us thought death would even be a subject that would come up, but now it is so personal and I am so grateful for the servants of the Lord who speak by the power of the Holy Ghost and that we can hear or read with the power of the Holy Ghost and be comforted so much.

Also about Bishop Barrett. That's so crazy that he isn't bishop anymore. I know whoever is was called of God, but I am so grateful for the service Bishop Barrett gave and I love him so much. If you see him please tell him thank you for all he has done for me and that he should be expecting a big hug when I get home.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well now I'm stuck typing in this color so sorry about that.

A couple quick 
adfdfasdfasdfasdfasfadfadf

Alright, back in business -- all except the size of the font.......

A couple quick stories from the week. We went and taught a family this week and they are so awesome. We had met them because someone gave us a wrong address and we went and knocked. He answered the door and invited us in and then we found out that he had been taught by the missionaries before. We had to leave, but then went back this week. He is a 50 or so year-old man named Miguel and his two children Luisa and Miguel too. His wife is a Catholic and didn't want to listen so we'll just wait on that. Back to the story. We start teaching him the Restoration and he stops us after a couple of points and then explains it even in more detail to his children. We continue on and then he does it again. We get to the end of the lesson and he says ''Alright, we need to read the Book of Mormon everyday and pray in the morning and before bed'' and this is before we had invited him to do so. That was just so awesome to see people so prepared.

Immediately after we go to Isidoro who is progressing really well, but in a completely different way. He isn't the greatest reader and his wife is really ''slow'' (I don't know how else to describe it). We have to explain things a little better, but they feel it so much easier. He just says that he has talked with 20 religions and he feels different with us and that we were the first that actually invited him to the church. That made me think about how simple it is sometimes. Sometimes we just have to invite people to do something and that's all they were waiting for.

Now to add to that. Yesterday I lost my filtered water bottle and we went back tracing our steps to try and find it. We were on our way back home and it was pretty hot. I saw a man making snow cones and felt I should ask him if he had seen it. I didn't want to do it because it was hot and I didn't want to stop Elder Aubrey. We kept going, but then I felt it would be really dumb to ignore the Spirit. My heart started to burn so we turned around and talked with him. It turns out that he actually has read the Book of Mormon and knows about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. That was really amazing and it was definitely worth loosing my water bottle, which has been amazing, but I have another.

We also got to visit a less-active who returned from his mission a year ago and it reminded me how strong we all need to be. I am being tested a lot on my mission, but I know I can do it if I just exercise my faith in our Heavenly Father.

Oh yeah, my room right now is really big and nice. The pensionista (our cook) has cancer so her daughter cooks for us right now and they are so nice. I am so grateful for all the sacrifices they make for us and it just amazes me what people do for the missionaries. We are just normal people and I am so grateful for all the prayers you all give in our behalf. I'm praying for you too and hope you can feel my love.

Talk to you all soon. Have the greatest week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Aaron Wheatley


No comments:

Post a Comment