Friday, February 1, 2013

One Step at a Time

I love you!

I just thought maybe someone needed to hear that. It's always nice to hear that someone cares.

Before I get too far I want to wish a Happy Birthday today to Matthew, it would be fun to spend it together but I know we're both where we need to be and I trust it will be the best birthday ever. Also to Katherine this Saturday, we have some baptisms scheduled and it's fun to think of you when we remind them of their baptismal date. I love you all so much and know there are a lot more birthdays ahead that we can spend together.

I think I got all of the packages from  the Aunties, Mom, Dad, and Brianna (3 of them) they all meant so much. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and love.

Were you able to show Johnny the video from Christmas? If not don't stress, you can just get ahold of him on facebook or something.

This week was just crazy with all of the miracles we have seen and I know Heavenly Father has been blessing us so much in this area. We had 7 new investigators this week, which is a lot for us, and we have 6 baptismal dates. One of our investigators has been toying around with the missionaries for months now and I think he finally made the change. He knows so much about the church (including things about the milennium and other doctrine) which makes it pretty hard to get anything across because he is always searching for something crazy deep. Well this last week he heard about the book of Abraham in class and was so loud about wanting one. We kind of calmed him saying that we can't give him more if he won't even read the Book of Mormon that he already has. Well we went back a couple of days later and he said he had read through almost all of 1 Nephi and he realized that there was really cool things in the Book of Mormon too. He's still not as mature as I wish but I think he's ready and being a member of the church and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost can help him grow up.

I also found out this week that Silverio José was baptized and that makes me feel so good. He was the guy that had found the church (I still don't know exactly how) in Iraq and was so ready to be baptized. He has a strong testimony and I feel so grateful to have been able to be a part in his making covenants with our Heavenly Father.

All that is going on at home sounds like craziness. I'm excited for all that will be happening up at the house and it will be fun to see it when I get home. I'm excited that Megan, Maren, and Harrison are living in Provo now and please make sure to tell them and all the family that I love them so much.

One thing that I thought would be fun to do is share mission stories. If you Mom, Dad (and anyone else) would like to read your mission journal and then share some experiences I would love to hear them. We talked a lot about your stories before, but I think they are a lot more real now and I would love to hear some that maybe you wrote down but don't remember.

Yesterday I was in a lesson and I started talking about my baptism and I had to fight back the tears. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I started talking about how I didn't understand it all but I know everyone was so happy for me and I saw all of the smiling faces and just thinking about that (maybe not a picture or movie memory, but somehow I know it happened) filled me with so much joy. Thank you so much for raising me to know that baptism is what I needed to do. That serving a mission is exactly what I need to do now. And showing me how I need to live after my mission.

Thanks for the email Nomi and last week from Oma and everyone else. It is so nice to hear from all of you, I love you so much.

It's fun to hear that you started up P90X again Dad and I know you can keep the schedule you're trying to do. I'm praying for you and all of the family.

Brianna, keep up the good work with softball and school and everything else that you are doing. I love you so much luvbug.

I'm becoming a missionary one step at a time and I am so grateful for every week. Like Dad said, maybe it wasn't the funnest thing but I'm learning and I can look back and be so happy with all of the growth.

Sorry I can't send pictures this week because, well I'm in Perú and these computers aren't the best.

I love you all so much just keep up all the hard work and I'll be doing the same here in Perú. Thank you for all of your examples and love.

I love reading the Book of Mormon with you Mom. Now I'm in the Isaiah chapters and I'll do my best to understand them as you do too. I love the Book of Mormon so much and love reading it with you. 2 Nephi 7:6-7, 2 Nephi 8:12, 2 Nephi 9:52.

Talk to you all soon. Have the greatest week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment