Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Another Week in the Life

Hola Everybody,
 
Before I talk about last week I want to talk about this week. I'm so excited for General Conference. It's always been two of the best weekends of the whole year and even though it's a little different now, I'm looking forward to it. It has helped me find another reason I'm glad I'm not in Peru yet because I still get to listen in English. What a great opportunity we all have to listen to the words of a living prophet. And what a great time as a Moulton family, and probably many other families, to get together and enjoy each others company. It sounds like getting together is becoming much more common now and I'm so grateful we're such a close family. I hope you all have fun at the new house and I'll be thinking about you. One thing I've really learned from the MTC is that when we go into things asking questions or having concerns in our mind that we need taken care of Heavenly Father will bless us. Whether it's before personal study, a temple session, or anything else God wants to bless us. So I add my voice to many before me to pray for something you need to receive from Conference and if you listen with the Spirit I know you will receive what you need. And don't forget to have fun!!!!!!!!
 
This last week was so awesome. It started last week when I was going to the temple. We went earlier than usual and things were going fine. Then a lady stopped us and started talking about all sorts of things. It was only a couple of minutes but a whole bunch of other Elders went in front of us so I was kind of feeling pressed for time. She let us go and then we were walking in. Right then I saw Tanner and it was amazing. He had told me he was going through the temple that day but I thought there was no way he would still be there when I would go. But God is loving and absolutely 100% guides our lives. I'm not sure what the time window was, but it was pretty small. It was perfect, and it was just a really nice thing in my life. Of course I would have lived without seeing him last week because I will for sure see him tomorrow, but it was just a "tender mercy" of God. I don't know very many things, but I do know He watches over and directs me as well as others. When I say my prays and write in my journal at night I try to look back and see the hand of the Lord in my life and it's always amazing to me all the blessings I have received in one day. I'm so grateful for His hand in my life.
 
I was reading an article called "Of the House of Israel" by Daniel H. Ludlow from the January 1991 Ensign and that name sounded really familiar. I think that might be the person that used to own the house but I wasn't sure. Either way it was a great article and it helped me think a lot about my Patriarchal Blessing. Whenever I read mine I am strengthened and remember how much God loves me and wants to direct my life. I'm going to try to read it more often and hopefully then I won't forget what I need to do as much.
 
On Sunday I watched a couple of talks by Elder Wirthlin. He speaks straight to my soul. I love him so much. I think there are so many different personalities in the brethren because they can all reach out in different ways. It made me think about all the different personalities in missionaries and how we've all been called to a mission for a certain reason. It doesn't mean anyone is better or worse, it's just that we're all different. Well, I watched "The Great Commandment" and if anyone feels like crying I would definitely suggest that talk. Also, "Come What May, and Love It" is perfect for me. I guess just find what speaks to your soul and try your best to keep it in your mind.
 
Now for a cool story I guess. (Or at least as cool as I can think of in the MTC from this last week) On Sunday night after the devotional you can watch old talks or sometimes church movies and last week they offered The Testaments in Spanish. We went to that and it was so awesome. It's a great movie in the first place and then Spanish just made it even better. I would love to say I understood every word, but alas I cannot. I did understand probably 40-50% though and I was really happy with myself. I think that's probably what it will be like in Peru. Super fast most of it going over my head, but when I relax I can understand the overall meaning. I'm definitely not fluent but for 7 weeks I feel great. I know I have been blessed so much by the Spirit to learn so quickly.
 
I hope everyone has a great week "at home, at school, at play" (and at work too). I love you all and am grateful for all your support and prayers. Thanks for being such great examples to me. I hope I can strengthen other people the way you have strengthened me.

Have the greatest week ever!
 
Con much amor,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment