Tuesday, September 25, 2012

How Glorious

Hey everybody,
 
The weeks keep passing by faster and faster. I was glad to hear that you all enjoyed the Brigham City Temple dedication, I enjoyed it here at the MTC as well. I'm so grateful for all the temples and I'm excited to go there some day.
 
I was thinking about some things that happened in my life and I hope everyone can find some time this week to look back at their life. Look back at how far you've come and all the fun times you've had. I remembered that one time I was in the spelling bee and missed my first word and just laughed at that. Thanks for coming and supporting me Mom and Dad. And I'm glad to hear Dad had fun at Fathers and Sons. I have great memories of campouts we went on. Thanks Dad for helping me have great times.
 
Seth came in this week and that's been real cool. We have the same gym time so we had a nice long run outside. It's so weird to me to be so close to everything and still feel a world apart. Even just walking to and around the temple feels different. Sometimes it messes with my mind, but I'm just happy to be here so no real problems.
 
I was able to see some progress with the windows at the house and it looks great. Make sure to tell Papa not to work too hard without me. Also, I would love to hear if there's any news on Wallace Lane, I just assume nothing has really happened.
 
It's cool to hear about all the family gatherings that you are having but I have to echo the words of Mariah and say they have to continue when I get home. I hope the Moulton's are enjoying their parakeets, that sounds like a blast. And please make sure to tell Sam that I'm proud of him for working on his Eagle. I'm so grateful for everyones help with my project.
 
I guess I didn't write down that much cool stuff this week, but I'll just share some thoughts I've been having.
 
For anyone that is preparing for your mission. IT'S THE BEST THING YOU COULD EVER DO WITH YOUR TIME!!! Nothing has brought me this much happiness and I feel so much closer to my Savior. It's definitely not easy, but it's so worth it. I used to feel really comfortable teaching and most everything I've learned has come pretty quickly. It's different now, but as I trust in the Lord everyday I am strengthened and when I look back it's amazing to me how far I've come. I know Heavenly Father watches over and blesses His missionaries because he watches over and blesses me.
 
I used to feel I was pretty close to the Spirit but since I've come to the MTC it's been real different. I wasn't feeling the same and was a little confused why when I'm in the MTC I don't feel the Spirit more. One day I was just thinking about what investigators feel, especially about the Spirit and it just hit me. I've been telling my investigators what the Spirit feels like. The "fruits of the Spirit" are love, peace, joy, faith, pretty much all good things. (Galatians 5:22-23 says it better) I feel that way all the time in the MTC and realized that the Spirit has been with me. I was definitely looking beyond the mark for deeper experiences and now I'm trying to just enjoy the Spirit when I feel those feelings. Also in John 14 I think and like verse 15 Jesus prays that the Comforter will "abide" with His disciples. I know the Spirit can really abide with us and not just be with us. It's a tiny word change, but it gave me lots of comfort.
 
I was able to watch the Joseph Smith movie on Sunday and it was amazing as always. I'm so grateful for all he did and know he is a prophet of God. Go watch it if you have the time. Or watch the new Mormon Message, pretty much there's just endless amounts of great church things you can watch. That's easy for me though because church things are ALL I can watch.
 
Two quick things Mom. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of "Come What May and Love It" by Elder Wirthlin. It's probably my favorite talk of all time and I want to be able to read it. Also, if you can get a copy in Spanish that would be real cool. I can read tons in Spanish, but I'm really working on being able to speak. And I'm not sure if it's possible but I would love to get the Ensigns for General Conference while I'm on my mission. Once again I have no idea if that's possible or how it would happen, but if it's not too much of a hassle I would appreciate it.
 
I almost forgot and I'm sure you've all been wondering. I don't have my visa and there has been no word on it. I've heard of some people going to Peru and other countries (especially Spain) that haven't received their visas and were reassigned to a different mission when their time at the MTC was up. I think that's a temporary reassignment so it sounds pretty cool and the longer it goes the more likely it seems like that will happen to me. I'm pretty sure you just get assigned to a new mission in the US until your visa comes, but I'll definitely be getting more information soon.
 
I love you all and hope you're loving life. Keep smiling and make sure you're reading your scriptures and praying. God wants to hear from you, that's what I tell people all day everyday.
 
Love you again,
 
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment