Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Great Happiness!

Hey Everybody,

So Jake might be the only one that gets the title but pretty much it means I LOVE THE MTC! It's a place of wonders. I'm not going to say that all my wildest dreams have come true, but I have been having some pretty wild dreams at night. The best part is just knowing every second of the day that you're where you're supposed to be. Now I need to work on doing every second of the day what I'm supposed to be doing. This week flew by and I learned so much.

Last week after I went to the temple I just thought about it for a while. I don't know what your schedules are like but I know if you make time for the temple (even if it's just sitting outside or driving around it) things will go much better. I've been so blessed to live so close to the temple my whole life and I can see so many blessings I've received from going. It's definitely been easy for me with all the examples of my friends and family who go so often. It's my favorite place in the world and I'm so grateful for temples.

I guess you got the picture with the Ambassador of Peru and you can put it up on the blog or something if you want. It was really cool to talk with him and to hear a little about his country. He told us that usually when people go to Peru he tells them to have fun, but he couldn't really do that because we can't have women, alcohol, or other things like that. I thought it was a little funny, but maybe just sad that he thought those were the only ways to have fun. The worlds views are so different from our own just like Elder Holland said in the CES Fireside which I highly recommend. The best part about talking with him was just getting excited to be with the people of Peru though. I can't even express the love I have for them already and I've never stepped foot in Peru. All I ever hear is that they are so warm and loving. Heavenly Father blessed me so much with this mission call and I'm so excited to serve the people of Peru.

I over heard some other Elders talking and it's not the first time I've heard a story like that but it just reminded me of the type of missionary I want to be. They were just talking about someone else they knew who had served and who was always asked by his companions why he walked so fast. He said that he only had 2 years to serve and he wasn't going to waste a single second, he was going to share the greatest message anyone could receive with everyone that he physically could. That was just an inspiration to me and I want to be like that.

I've heard the bells from BYU a couple of times and for anyone there at college (or anywhere else for that matter) try to enjoy the little things because I definitely miss them now that I don't get to be blasted by them everyday.

On Sunday I went on my temple walk and went to the back corner to get a good look at the house. The windows look great and I'm glad I was able to get some pictures. Make sure Papa's not working too hard and if you have some time work with him. I learned so much from him and had some great talks this summer that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

I get to watch the Brigham City Temple dedication and I'm so excited. I'm so happy for Oma and Opa and everyone else that will be blessed so much by that temple.

Now for the coolest story of the week. Sunday during the devotional there was a group of 4 Elders singing. I saw one of their nametags and it said Tipene. My heart started racing and after the meeting I hurried up to see him. I asked him if his name was Beau-Henry (another Elder had told me that was Piwa's sons name) and he said it was. Then I made sure and asked if he was Piwa's son and Uncle Charlie's grandson. Then I told him that Papa was the one that built his chapel in Pipiwai and he said that pretty much made me family. He said his whole family was doing well and I asked him to tell them hi from the Moulton's. He told me to do the same. So this is a hello from the Tipene's. That was just a cool experience to meet up at the MTC with someone I don't really know, but that is still a part of my life. I want to go to New Zealand really bad. Anyone up for a trip in 2 years?

I hope school, work, and all else that life brings is going well. I pray for you everyday and know the Lord is watching over you. Keep working hard and I'll do the same. Thanks for your encouragement and the love you always show me.

Love your missionary,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment