Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fun Stuff

Hey Everybody,
I haven't received mail this week because yesterday was Labor Day so I'll write a big one now but leave some room to write you hopefully if I get your letters at lunch. If not I'll be excited to have a lot to say next week.
Right after I emailed last week I realized how boring my letter was and even though it contained some spiritual moments I hadn't really found or at least talked about anything I enjoyed at the MTC. This week I made it my goal to look for fun things and then I wrote them down in my planner so I wouldn't forget them. This is probably going to be all over the place but I hope you like it.
Before I start though I'm in a new companionship with Elder Poole from Eagle, Idaho because my companion and his companion received their visas this week and are on their way to Peru. It was weird that first day that I found out but as I've focused on what I could learn here, and what Heavenly Father wants me to learn here, I have been extremely blessed.
I forgot to congratulate TaLisha on her wedding and to wish Aunt Kimber a happy birthday so if you could pass those along I would really appreciate it.
It sounds like you all had fun up in Brigham City and the temple sounds beautiful. I hope they broadcast the dedication here, but I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to going through when I get home. I would love to hear about it more if you haven't already written me through dearelder.
Mom, Brianna, and the Aunties. Have a great time in Florida this week and take tons of pictures. I don't really know how you couldn't have fun though so I'm not worried.
I hope you all had a great Labor Day and I would love to hear about The Lord of the Rings. Any memorable quotes or just the thrill of watching such a great movie.
I've been looking out the windows in my building and watching the leaves changing colors on the mountains. I can't believe it's that time of year again and I want everyone to go outside and enjoy it. I'm going to miss these mountains a ton so I'm trying to take advantage of them while I still can. Maybe go on a little walk or go up to that park and have a breakfast. Or just look up at the mountains and remember that God created them for us. His creations never cease to amaze me.
One day I was reading in my scriptures and in 2 Corinthians 5:7 and it says "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)" I guess this is at the same time spiritual and funny. I've read it tons before but this week I noticed the smiley face at the end. It's not a big deal but it made my day brighter and I'm always happy when I choose to walk by faith instead of sight.
I was sitting at dinner and I heard the elder next to me say that he went to Church College. I asked him where he was from and he asked if I knew where Whangerei (I'm not sure how to spell it) was. I said I did and asked him if he knew where Pipiwai was. He said he lived there for six months and I told him that Papa built that chapel. We talked for a little bit and he told me that Uncle Charlie was at his setting apart which was way cool. I guess Uncle Charlie's grandson is here too but I haven't been able to see Elder Tipene yet. I'll keep trying.
The field has been kind to me as I've seen a couple of people as I cross the street. It was great to see Bekkah and Johnny. On my way back that day someone yelled my name and I looked over to see Pat Boyer. That was so cool to see him and tell his mom hi and to tell him that it was great to see him. I also saw Catie, Steph, and I think Emily yesterday but they blazed by. It's weird because I love everyone but I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm just grateful the Lord blesses me with fun experiences like that.
Probably the best experience of the week was the Sunday Devotional. We watched the birthday celebration for President Monson. It was fun to hear great songs like "All I Ask of You" "Bring Him Home" "Seventy-Six Trombones" and other good ones. I liked thinking about our good times at the Merrill's singing songs together lately, but also all the other times I just sang with family and friends. I hope you will all be ready for a ton of great music listening sessions when I get home.
I got that letter from your cousin (Lane Montgomery) and he told me I wasn't allowed to write him back so if you could let him know how grateful I was to receive it and the personal story he told me. It was just what I needed to hear.
The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days in here. It's a magical place and I am growing so much. I read "Beware of Pride" and "'Judge Not' And Judging" this week and I highly recommend them. Also I loved reading the section in Preach My Gospel in Christlike attributes about Charity.
Thanks for all your support and prayers. Know I'm praying for you. Keep working hard and I will do the same.
I love you with all my heart,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment