Tuesday, October 30, 2012

WOW!

Hola,

            HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!           

I hope this birthday is the best one you´ve ever had. You definitely won´t ever have one like it again with two of your kids out on missions. Know that I´m sending my love your way and thinking about you on your happy day.

It´s so crazy to hear about all the crazy things going on back home. I got a letter from Eve at the MTC but I didn´t have her address so hopefully she might read this and see -- CONGRATULATIONS on your mission call! I have no idea who else is working on things. I think I read in Andrew´s letter that Kristy is working on her papers too. I got a postcard from her, but once again no address. So thanks for both of those letters and I hope everything is going well for them.

I would love to hear what´s going on with Hillary and Aannaliisa too. You said last week they were thinking about starting, just keep me updated. Matthew, Katherine, and everyone else too. I´m so excited for everyone! I love my mission and even though there are times that are hard the things I´m learning are far worth it. I remember one time that Charlie wrote it´s easier to change things you want to change on your mission than after and I know I´m setting a pattern for the rest of my life. I love studying the scriptures and the language and am so grateful for this time Heavenly Father has given me to become the person He wants and needs me to be for the rest of my life.

I´m feeling more comfortable with Spanish and then something always comes along. I´m not sure what the people think about me but they definitely don´t think they need to slow down. I find myself a lot of the time just nodding my head or laughing when everyone else laughs. I´m looking forward to, and working hard for the day when I can understand what they are saying. I don´t know if it will be funny to me but at least I´ll be able to understand. I guess that´s part of the culture. It´s so different but I´m learning to accept and embrace it.

My camera isn´t working with the computer right now so I´ll try to send photos next week. I can describe Perú a little though. It´s a bunch of 3 or 4 story buildings right next to each other with gates and the whole 9 yards. The only real green is in parks and there are plenty of them. The soccer fields are concrete and everyone loves to play. The people are friendly and we´re doing our best to talk to everyone. When I see someone on the street I try to imagine how the gospel could change and better their life. I know the gospel is the answer to every question and I want to share it with everyone.
 
The mail here is ridiculous just so you know. It costs almost 3 dollars to send one letter to the US so when I send them I´ll try to consolidate them. I´ll probably have to send them to you and then you send them to the people if you can Mom. Sorry about that.

Also packages. I guess they come through most of the time but if anyone sends them ONLY USE USPS (THE POST OFFICE). The other ones cost a ton of money to retrieve or something like that.

Yep, I have a member that cooks and washes my clothes.  We can eat at other places too but no lettuce or strawberries or some other things. The water bottle I brought with the filter is perfect and also we have big jugs of water in our apartment.

We go to the temple once a year, I think in May, so I´m grateful that we at least get to go. I miss going every week though.

One real cool experience this week was with an investigator in another area. I was on exchanges and had no background on her at all. I just started talking and my mouth was filled. I couldn't say everything, but I could say everything that I needed to. It was a great gift from a loving Heavenly Father and I know the gift of tongues is real because it´s present in my life. I´m working hard to learn the language, but I´m also trying to give myself some time to adjust.

I think that´s one of the greatest lessons I've learned this week. You have to give yourself time to adjust. Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to become the person He wants us to be over night. I´m learning and growing everyday.

One more thing, just for fun. DOGS! I think I've seen enough dogs to last me 50 lifetimes. They´re everywhere and it´s just crazy. They´re not dangerous or anything but it kind of gets old when you get barked at all day long. It´s the Lord´s work though and I love it. The buses are crazy too, but I don´t need to go into any more detail. You already know Mom, it´s just every time I hope no one dies! I´m not afraid for my life just for the people running across the street.

Hello to the George´s, especially Jon-Michael and welcome home Sean.

Thanks for all your love and support. Have the best week ever!

Love,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment