Monday, December 17, 2012

Another Week Goes On By

Hey Everybody,
     This week just happened. It's so crazy sometimes. I like to say that my life doesn't go fast or slow it just happens and that was definitely this week. I have learned so much on my mission, but more than anything I have developed more patience and humility. I read a quote two days ago by President Hinckley that says during these 2 years a person can grow more than in any other 2 years of their life. I know I'm not here only to change myself, but I am so grateful for the changes that are happening in my life as I help others come unto Christ.
     It was so amazing to receive a package from Oma and Opa this week. I bawled real hard. I was just so overwhelmed and so grateful for all of our family. I love you all so much and can't say it enough. Oma, the cookies were one of the greatest presents I have ever received and I look forward to a lot more when I get home. I just want to bake and bake. It's so funny to me all the things I want to do now that I can't do them, but I'll get into that more later.
      I got the letters you sent Mom and once again bawled like a baby. All of your support means so much to me. I also got a letter from Uncle Tyler that meant so much and one from Elder Seth Cannon. Please pray for him and for all of my brothers and sisters out on their missions. Most of you know what it's like to be out here and for those of you who don't, I hope you can experience it because the mission is amazing. All the great stories from aunts and uncles made me laugh and just filled my heart. I know this isn't an easy time for any of us, but I am so grateful that you would all take a little time to make my day, week, and mission a little better. I love you all so much and hope you can receive strength from my letters.
     A couple cool stories now. We went to the clinic this week for my companion and how great it was to be ack among civilization. It was part of the Central Mission and it was like I was back in the grand ol' USA again. I ate some Burger King as I waited and just enjoyed a little more space with a lot more cleanliness. I know I'm supposed to be here in the Peru Lima West Mission and I love thinking about the day I opened my call, but it's still nice to be a little more clean every once in a while. (I know there are a lot dirtier places in my mission so we'll see what my thoughts are when the time comes for me to go there!)
     My door got knocked by some Jehovah's Witnesses this week and that was hilarious. My nametag was clearly visible and everything so there's no doubt the poor lady knew what was happening. Well I think she did because she just said something like ''How many books are in the Bible?'' and I said I didn't know and then she just kept looking stunned and asked again. I told her it wasn't my house and that I would take her magazine to give to the people who lived there. I felt really bad for her because I know exactly what she was feeling, but afterward I couldn't help but laugh. If they come knocking on your door I hope you are nice to them and then afterward you can think of me and all the missionaries out there working hard to spread the message of Jesus Christ.
     We did splits this week and it was an amazing experience. I met this man named Jose.  I have never talked to a recent convert like him before. He admitted that he didn't know everything but his faith is so strong and he just wants to share it with everyone. He is so happy.  He could pronounce as well as remember my name perfectly after seeing my nametag only once, which is a miracle in itself.  For some reason as we were talking he said something about the Ingles family and I just nodded my head and smiled as I sometimes do (thankfully less and less as the weeks go on). My companion for the day, Elder Galicia, asked who they were and then he said something about Michael Landon and I was just like WHAT?????? He then explained there is this TV show where a family lives in the olden times in a small town and luckily this time I didn't bawl as I thought about my dear beloved ''Little House on the Prairie''. This is where the longing for things that didn't have too much importance before I came out on my mission comes back into play. I have been reminded of TV shows or songs that haven't come to my mind in years and now I'm making a mental list about a mile long of things I'm going to do when I get home. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but all you returned missionaries or current missionaries I hope can relate.
     The other amazing thing was we were talking to this old couple and a little boy was there with them. At the end of the lesson the little boy just said he wanted to be baptized without us asking or really having even talked to him very much during the lesson. It's so amazing to me the example of little children. They are so special to our Heavenly Father.
     Yesterday was the Primary program and I just thought about all the great times I had participating and eating the goodies back in the Edgemont 3rd Ward. I grew up so fast and I'm sure you are all feeling the same. I'm so grateful to be on a mission though.
     I'm excited for Christmas and I hope you all have the greatest Christmas ever. I know it's a little different in the Moulton household right now, but what a great gift is the time we've all been given together as a family.   Please tell Papa and Nomi, Oma and Opa, and everyone else that I love them so much.

Love you this much ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ (that should be about my wingspan)
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment