Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Changes and Craziness

Hola Everybody,
       Before anything I want to congratulate the greatest little sister in the world for here dance concert. It's so fun to hear about all the things you're doing. Also, I'll be thinking about you and praying for you today that everything goes well in your orchestra concert.
       Please tell the family how much I love them, especially Papa. I'm so happy to hear that you are all staying strong and are as happy as you can be at this time. I love you all so much. And yes, Papa will never cease to amaze people with his feats of sheer awesomeness.
       This week was full of changes and new experiences. I think I like transfers because it's fun to get to know new people, but it's also just straight up craziness. I'm learning to love the people. You asked about my new apartment and it's kind of like a dungeon, but that doesn't matter too much because we get to go out and enjoy the full strength of the sun down here. It's a different member that cooks for us here, but it's still great food. We live with her and her son the bishop.
       That reminds me, there's a facebook page for our ward because the bishop is like 24. It's ''Barrio Faucett'' just search for it on facebook and you can see some pictures of the area.
My companion is a good guy. I'm learning to adjust to his style of things now, but I think that can only bless me for the rest of my life. He tries to be the best he can be and we work hard so that's really nice. He's been in this ward for 10 months so that's kind of crazy, he just is really comfortable with everything. I don't really know what to say. His name is Elder Perez and he's from Bolivia. I want to write a little about my last companion though because he helped me change a lot.
       Elder Claros is a crazy elder from Columbia that used to be in the military. He was really stern, but we also had a lot of fun together. He taught me a lot how to love everybody and how to love working. He encouraged me a lot and made me feel good by saying that he was learning so much from me. I think that's one of the biggest things I learned from him that you can learn something from every one of your companions and from everyone in your life. I miss the members and investigators in Fiori, but I've been blessed with a great area full of help from the members.
       Yesterday we had two baptisms and it was so amazing to be a part of that. Even more this time I felt distanced from them because I had only known them days, but I felt the Spirit testifying to me that they were ready to take this next step in their life. I pray that they will stay strong and they have a lot of help from members in their family and friends, which helps me feel reassured. It was a gift to be able to take part in helping them and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for trusting His children to us as missionaries.
       Our area actually includes the airport I think and it's amazing to see them take off. What amazing things we have been blessed with from a loving Heavenly Father. I know that man made it with their mind, but God gave us our minds. I guess the funniest part is how close I am to being able to leave and yet I am happy to be here. I know these two years will pass by so fast. I was reading in the scriptures and in just a couple verses many years can pass by. Life just happens so quickly and I'm really trying to learn to love everyday.
Last night we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and those thoughts were going through my mind a lot. President Uchtdorf talked about being a gracious receiver and I thought about being grateful for everyday. 
       It's a little hard because we're so far away, but we have so many great memories of Christmas's past and I know there are a lot of great ones ahead too. I think I miss out on a lot of happiness because I'm spending too much time missing something that was amazing, but just can't be right now. I was reading in Helaman and the part where Nephi wishes he lived in a different time. My emotions definitely aren't just from me, everyone at one time or another wishes they lived at a different time or at least that hard days would passed by. I'm really learning to be patient as I trust in the Lord's timing.
       We had a great service activity where we built a room. It's nothing like the United States. I just need to remember that I really am in a third world country sometimes.
       Now for the craziest news of the week. We went to the bank on Thursday and the bank where we usually go was closed. We had to cross the street to get to another bank. While we were there we saw some missionaries from the North Mission. I got pretty excited and then found one of them was named Elder Wilson. I asked him if he was related to Julie and he told me no. I just kept thinking about it and when we were both inside I asked him again and he said ''wait, Julie?'' I guess he thought I said some other name. So I met Elder Wilson down here in Lima and we got to talk for a little. It was so awesome to just see him even though I had never met him before in my life, well maybe I have.
       I said something about the aunties going to pick him up and he was surprised so I tried to backtrack. I don't know if I ruined a surprise or if it's real or what really happened. I hope I didn't ruin anything for anybody because it was sure great to see him.
       I wanted to write real quick to Johnny in this email because I got your letter this week. Don't worry about anything Johnny, I love you and there's nothing that would change that. Just make sure you stay true to what the Spirit has told you and you will be blessed. I still pray for you everyday specifically and know you will be blessed for doing what's right. I love you -- so many people love you.
       I'm going to try my best to get letters off today because these last couple of weeks have been crazy. I'm doing my best and if you haven't got a response yet just know I love you and that it's coming soon.
       Love you all so much. The language is coming along great. I'm looking forward to the day that I don't even have to worry about Spanish but I'm counting my many blessings that I can learn this great language.
       Love you again because we can always use a little more love.
Elder Aaron Wheatley

Me with my second cousin, Sister Mangum.  We had been serving in the same district and didn't even know we were related until her family back home figured it out!!!!!!

Family in Fiori


My companions, we all live in the same house and same ward. My companion, Elder Perez, is next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment