Sunday, March 3, 2013

Change Again!

Hey Everybody,

Happy Birthday Daddy Micah Wheatley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you have the greatest birthday of your life and enjoy turning 18 on Thursday!!!

SHOUT OUT TO MY BROTHER JOHNNY LIAO!!!!!!!!!!

Well tomorrow are transfers and it looks like my roller coaster ride just gets to continue. I'm moving to another area within the same zone with a Peruvian named Elder Bravo who has been called to the La Paz, Bolivia Mission, but his visa hasn't arrived yet.  He's been out one transfer so he's still training.  My area is called Rosales and my house is right next to the church.  I have really come to love my mission and we're just going to get to work.

I really wanted to stay in my area, but once again I get to learn on my mission just to do the Lord's will and not worry about what I think would be fun or cool. I am learning to be humble, I hope, but always have so much more to learn.

This week was kind of all crazy so I will do my best writing down what I can.

I'm so excited for Mariah to be going home and know life is just going to keep getting crazier for all of us. I am praying for you Mariah and thank you for always supporting me so much on my mission. And please make sure to take a bunch of videos of her so I can hear her accent when I get home from my mission. Have the greatest of times going through the temple too, I miss it and look forward to going through it again.

Brianna, I am praying for you too and am excited to hear the results of softball tryouts. Just make sure you do your best no matter what team you are on. I'm looking forward to watching a bunch of your softball games when I get home.

This week is a crazy one for Hillary and I remember so well entering the MTC. It's really impossible to describe so we will all just have fun talking about it when we are all together again.

Congratulations to Matthew on being accepted to BYU! I don't know if you have decided to go there or not, but it would be cool to take classes with you when we are home if that persuades you one way or another. I'm looking forward to hearing about all your mission plans and promise all you young men out there that the mission is the greatest decision you can make at this point in your life. It's definitely not the easy road, but you will learn and grow in ways that you will never be able to if you don't go.

Alright, now a couple things about my week.

I got a bunch of letters this week and it was so amazing to read them. Thank you so much Mom! I just bawled when I saw the program for Papa's funeral. I am really peaceful still though so no worries there. It's just so weird being on the mission, but you all know how that is. Also, thank you so much Aunt Kimber. I will be writing to the Aunties within a week or two, so be looking for that.

When I received the letters, I realized that I have not been writing very many funny experiences, and it made me wonder if I have been having funny experiences. So I looked for funny things and realized that being funny is a lot about presentation, so I'll do my best to let you laugh along with me about life here in Perú.

Well, my apartment is right next to a bunch of dirty dogs (which definitely explains the fleas) and they are just disgusting. Well, at night sometimes we like to sleep, but I'm not sure if the dogs do. My companion says they are making ''demon noises'' and I think that is a perfect way to describe it. Just imagine if you were, yeah I have no idea how to describe it. It's the worst whine mixed with a bark I have ever heard and for that sometimes we don't sleep very well. I don't know if they are slowly dying or just demons, but that's what it sounds like. WELCOME TO PERÚ!!! I think my new house should be better, but we'll see.

I'm definitely going to miss Elder Aubrey and Elder Howell, my two gringo amigos. We were coming up with some band names and my favorites have to be 3 Whytes Latino, Barely Bañado, and the classic Husky Youngster. I hope you enjoy thinking about all of that just as we all enjoyed it.

Another good time, we had some mentos and a coke bottle so of course the logical thing to do was make the awesome chemical reaction. Us three went up on the roof with camera and everything just to have a good time. Well we put the mentos in the can and nothing happened. So yeah, that was another funny moment. We were all so excited and got fed with disappointment. You just have to hold on to those little chances for fun in the mission sometimes though. It's all part of the life.

We weren't in our area very much this week, but yesterday we had a great lesson with Royer, the man we met 2 weeks ago looking for my water bottle. He is so ready and it was so amazing to be a part of that lesson. I guess I don't get to keep teaching him, but that's all part of the plan God has for us. I know God is concerned in the littlest details of our lives and I'm excited to find out all that He has in store for me.

This week is going to be real crazy for all of you, but just remember that I am praying for you. I love you so much and am so grateful for all of your examples to me. I feel so much peace reading the Book of Mormon and love reading it with you Mom. I learn so much everyday and am so grateful to Heavenly Father that I can learn and grow on my mission.

I love you all so much and know the Lord will watch over and bless you, just as He is watching over and blessing me.

Thank you for all your support and love. I have never felt so much love in my life and am so grateful for my family, all of you.

Have the greatest week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And make sure to take lots of videos.

Love your best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Wheatley


Weirdest thing I've eaten on my mission so far 


Octopus Hash

Baby octopus

I cleaned my plate!




It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't the worst either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment