Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Mariah

Hello Family and Friends,

This week was one of the craziest weeks of the mission and probably of my life too. I'll get on to my news, but first

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIAH!!!!!!!!!

My birthday was pretty cool and everything, but it was definitely interrupted when I was told that I would be getting transferred to Huacho. I was just thinking about if I would ever come up here to Norte Chico and it is so awesome. So, they told me that I was coming up here with Elder Sines. He's the first friend I made here in the mission. He went to high school at Alta, but grew up in Chicago and likes telling people he's from there to be different. He's a really cool guy and has about 18 months in the mission. He's the district leader and he's showing me how it's done.

I was totally shocked when I found out I would be transferred and even more surprised when they told me I was going to be junior companion again. I definitely didn't see that one coming and it felt really weird. I know it really doesn't matter, believe me I'm loving it, but it was just weird to think about it.

So pretty much my whole birthday I spent packing my bags. I opened up the package and loved EVERYTHING inside of it. It was so amazing and thank you so much to Mom, Mariah, and everyone else for making my birthday such a great day. That night I got to go around and tell people goodbye. One family bought me a piece of cake and then shoved it in my face. That was really awesome. They also gave me a sandwich full of chicken blood (gotta love Perú).

The next day we went into the offices and got to talk with President Archibald. He is such an awesome guy and gave us so much counsel and advice on how to be great missionaries. He said he came into the mission, looked at the board and said something was wrong. He said he felt we should be together and the Spirit has definitely testified that to me. He said a bunch of things I'll be sharing in the next couple of letters, but a lot of it was pretty special and personal too. I sure love President Archibald.

We got to go out to Chili's for my birthday even if it was a day late and it was so delicious.

We got up here to Huacho (my ward is Santa María) and I've been loving it ever since. I'll be sending some pictures home next week. There is some green and some farms out here. It's really cool and I love it so much. It's a lot more peaceful and you can actually see the stars at night.

I haven't been here for too long, but I already love it and know we are going to do some great things together up here. President just told us that a wave is coming and we are on the crest. I am so excited for all of the things coming my way and know Heavenly Father is watching over his work.

We even saw a Suburban the other day, so it just doesn't feel like Perú anymore. It's super awesome being able to talk about sports with my companion too and we are going to work hard here.

The 4th of July was awesome.  The other elders in our ward bought a huge firework. It was super cool and I'm so grateful for our beloved USA.

I love you all so much and love getting all of your emails. I hope you have the greatest week ever and I'll talk to you all soon.

Love your best friend forever just chilling in Huacho,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment