Monday, July 1, 2013

God Bless America!!!!!!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure love the good ol' US of A. I hope you all have the greatest 4th of July known to mankind wherever you may be. I'll be thinking about you all and imagining fireworks in my mind. That's one thing I'll never stop missing. I am so looking forward to being with all of you and just enjoying a nice summer evening together. The mission sure helps us realize all the blessings we have been given...family and freedom are at the top of my list. I love you all and will be thinking of you.
Happy Birthday shout out this week to Aunt Stacy and then Mariah on Monday. I'll be writing you again, but you're a bunch of hours ahead so know I'll be thinking about you in your morning and then writing in the afternoon.
It was so amazing to finish the Book of Mormon this week and I am so grateful to have been able to read it so many times in my life. I love that book more than I can even say and know it is true. I took the chance to kneel down and ask God if it was true and you know what, I didn't really feel different. I didn't see an angel or anything, but every time I read that book I feel better. It makes me a better person. I received my spiritual witness a long time ago and now I just keep going forward strengthening it. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life and will keep reading it until the day I die.

I loved reading some talks this week by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. ''Sunday Will Come'' was especially good when he quoted his mom as saying ''Don't be a scrub. You must do better.'' I had no idea that word existed such a long time ago and reading ''scrub'' just made me laugh. If anyone else uses that word, I hope it does the same for you. I also really liked ''Live in Thanksgiving Daily'' and am making the change in my life. He said exactly what I need to hear and I recommend it to all of you. I especially liked how he said we shouldn't feel bad if we weren't grateful before because we can start now. And about how it would surprise the people who thought they knew us.
This week was just so tiring and I have to figure something out. It's great to be a part of the Lord's work though and we were blessed with some people who have been so prepared for baptism. We also focused a lot on less actives and even though it doesn't show up in the numbers, it sure was special to see some people make it back to Sacrament Meeting. We just keep working hard and the Lord blesses us so much.
It got super cold this week and was raining (at least as much as it does here). The sun didn't come out for like 4 days, but today something happened and I am just soaking it all in. The humidity definitely gets you combined with the cold (only 55 or 60). It sure feels a lot colder though seeing as none of the houses have heating so there is no relief. I'm sure anyone who served where it really gets cold is just laughing right now though. Oh the adventures we have on the mission.
I'm praying for you all and will be thinking about you Thursday. Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. I can't believe I'm only a teenager for one more day. I sure have grown up fast. I just wanted to thank you all for making me who I am. I love you all so much.
Love your almost 20 year old best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment