Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So So Good!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

This week has been one of the greatest for me.  I sure am loving it here in Huacho! More than anything the ability to just talk with my companion about anything and everything has sure been a blessing to the both of us. We just go crazy about sports or about Utah or who knows what. I just love Elder Sines and am so grateful we can be together.

Shout out to Hermana Young rocking it in Argentina. South America is definitely a better place for you being here. I sure do love you and am excited for Matthew to join us so soon.

This last week was super awesome because we had a training from President Archibald. I don't even know exactly what it is about him, but he is just amazing. He told us that we are among Lehi's children and that little kid that we teach is the same little kid that Jesus put on his lap. That was so special to hear and it definitely got me more excited to go out and preach the gospel. So many prophets have prayed for these people that we are teaching and I am so grateful to be here in Perú.

He talked about how we need to work with the leaders more too and I know some big things are happening. He sure is making us a lot more self sufficient and he was an awesome institute teacher for 30 years. I already have learned so much from him.

Huacho is just the bomb. It's kind of older style architecture and I'm digging it. You get the good old farms with cow poop and a ton of FLEAS too. I thought I was done with those wretched creatures, but I was sure wrong. The best part is just being able to see the stars at night though. I love it so much and am soaking up the more peaceful atmosphere.

I got to give a talk yesterday and the person before me took a bunch of time so I only had about 3 minutes. I remember the legendary ''Come to the Temple'' talk by Dad and did sort of the same. This week I told Elder Sines that I don't know jack about squat, all I know is that the Book of Mormon is true and that it changes lives. I just told the people about the power of that book and I felt the Spirit. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and I don't know if anyone was changed by that talk in the ward, but it changed me and maybe that's the greatest part.

Yesterday a member told me that I don't speak with a gringo accent, but with a German accent. I thought that was pretty funny seeing as we always thought Dad sounded so funny speaking Spanish with a German accent. I keep feeling really good about my Spanish and then I get told that it's bad. I'll just keep working on it though. That's what it's all about after all, getting better.

Not much news about investigators, but I'll get you all up to date next week. I am loving the mission so much. It's still the hardest thing I've ever done and I still have no idea what's going on, but we're all making it. I think that sounds a lot like life though.

I love you all so much. Have the greatest week ever and just know that I am happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your boy/man in Perú,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment