Friday, June 28, 2013

Hey, What's Going On?

Hola y buenos días con todos,

This week was just what I needed and I am so rejuvinated. First off about the title as always. There was this He-Man video on Youtube that used that song and my brethren and I pretty much worshipped it. Well there's this really annoying speaker in the mercado by our house that is always playing the same Spanish music over and over one of them is pretty cool, it's a Spanish version of Chicago´s song ''You're the Inspiration''). Okay, well we were in companionship study and I heard something that sounded like it was coming from the heavens. I ran outside and realized that angels were singing through that wretched speaker. I just laughed and thought about all of my friends. I don't know if any of them reads this, but if you are, I hope you are happy.
 
Happy 2nd Anniversary Johnny!!!! 
He was baptized June 27th, 2011 and I love you Johnny. Have the greatest week ever.

Also Happy Birthday to Aunt Stacy next week, but since you will be celebrating it this week I wanted to add my happy wishes.

This week was just awesome, especially yesterday!!!!! That was one of the greatest moments of my mission being able to watch the training and just feel of the Spirit so strong. I know this is the Lord's work and love being a part of it. I am so grateful to be a part of the Lord's army and know His work will go forward with or without us, so I want to be a part. Plus, it was just amazing to see the Marriott Center and some green grass (God Bless America).

This week it got pretty cold here and so we prayed for sun and it came out the last 3 days. That's the power of prayer and I am so grateful He heard our prayers because we needed them.

I also had a first this week. I finally threw up! I guess it was something I ate. I just woke up at 12:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I haven't thrown up in like 8 years, so I'm way good at just holding it in, but this time it wasn't happening. I got up and just let it out. It was freezing cold so that was double unfun, but I only had to do get up twice. I called President Dorius the next day and he asked what happened the last time. I told him I had never thrown up on the mission and he was really impressed.

I also got to eat cow lung twice which isn't horrible, but I just ask why? That question will probably never be answered.

Yesterday was probably the first Sunday in Perú that actually felt like Sunday. No one was working and it was so quiet. It turns out that there was a huge soccer game going on, but at least it felt like we were being righteous for a little. I was so happy yesterday and that training was the cherry on top.

I am so grateful to be a missionary this week and love this work.

Ether 12:37 was so awesome along with 27 to just feel like I am doing my best. I really liked Ether 15:34 where I feel for Moroni, he must have been so lonely. And how when we SUFFER His will we are blessed. Matthew 10:32-33 is definitely a good one for missionaries too.

I love you all so much and am so excited to finish the Book of Mormon this week. Have the greatest week ever! 
 
Dad and Mariah have the best time ever in Germany too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you next week!!!!

Love your pal,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment