Sunday, June 2, 2013

''I was raised by a cup of coffee''/ It Happened‏

Hey Everybody,

Sorry for the less than missionary like title. Go look it up if you want though, I just thought it was appropriate for this week because...it happened. Nomi said it would take 9 months and that's exactly what it took. I don't know if I'll ever feel like I was born in Perú, but this week everything just seemed normal. The dust and dirt was just there, the people just spoke Spanish, and I was just plain old HAPPY. I love the mission so much and am so excited for all that is going to happen this next year. I love Perú so much!!! I think I could count it as my second home.

Now, the most important. I forgot to write last week, but I showed the people here the pictures of you from skype and everyone said that you looked really young Mom. And as we know latino's are brutally honest, so I just thought you should know because it must be true if they say it. And I definitely agree.

I had to work one day in the city because my companion went to the clinic and I was so amazed at how green it was. It was actually pretty funny because I was right next to one of my old areas (Faucett) and I always thought it was so dirty back then. I guess that's what happens with my time to adjust to Perú. I sure do love it here, but my brain is going crazy. I will feel like I am in the Garden of Eden when I get back to Utah, I think.

I also got to work with Elder Arnett this week and he sure has come a long way. It reminds me of when I was new in the mission. It's funny because these last 6 weeks were probably some of the longest of his life and they felt so fast to me. That's the day my brain changed and I am so grateful for it.

Now for the biggest news. My companion, Elder Figallo, is leaving to Bolivia. They called on Saturday and said that his visa came through. I'm sure going to miss him and am so grateful for the time we were given to be together. He'll be a great missionary in La Paz and I am so grateful for all of the miracles we were able to see together. Yesterday we had so many investigators in Sacrament Meeting and he is leaving right before a family is getting baptized. I know miracles come from Heavenly Father as we are diligent and obedient.

I will be staying in Los Rosales for another transfer and I am so excited! I love it so much and will be training a new missionary. I don't know his name, but know I will learn and grow so much. Thanks for all the prayers you are offering in my behalf.

This week is going to be so full and they just are all blending together now. I hope you are all having so much fun with the end of school and everything. It is so exciting to hear about all of the mission calls and I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AANNALIISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know exactly what you are feeling, but I know you were called EXACTLY where you need to be. It was really hard for me to even like Perú and now I'm writing that I LOVE it. The mission is the most amazing gift that Heavenly Father gives us to learn and grow. You will be forever changed and I am so excited for you to join all of us out here in the mission field. That's really awesome that you get to leave so soon too. I know you will be amazing and the people of California are so blessed to have YOU coming their way.

Just remember, when in Rome...drink chocolate milk! I hope you all laughed at good old Elder Aaron Wheatley. What a funny guy.

Oh yeah, so Helaman 15:3, we are chastened because He loves us (Proverbs 3:12 and Hebrews 12:5-11). 3 Nephi 1:11-15 we always need to look up. I just thought about how awesome it would be to pray and then for Jesus to say. ''Don't worry, I'll be there tomorrow''. We need to just hold on to our faith and do all that is asked of us. I am learning so much on my mission and absolutely love the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful I can read it everyday and the days are just flying by.

Have the greatest week ever and just go have some fun. And for all of you out on missions or preparing, thank you so much.

Love your ALMOST Peruvian brother and friend forever,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

ps. Sorry for no pictures again. I will really do my best next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment