Monday, June 10, 2013

Zoowee Mama

Hey My Friends,

So for those of you who don't know, that title would come from the one and only ''Diary of a Wimpy Kid''. I had a work visit with my zone leader Elder Custer who is from Orem and he reminded me of that great movie. I hope Jake, Jon-Michael, and Jared all like it at least.

So my zone leader actually lives like 5 minutes from our house and it's so funny for me to think that we had to travel thousands of miles to get to know each other. He has a big hatred for Timpview so that's pretty fun sometimes. I especially liked it when he asked how the state championship game was and I told him it's all you could ever dream it would be. He played football for Orem so that's so funny all the time. We had a great time just thinking about life and about all of the experiences that make us who we are. It amazes me how much you can talk about even in just one day. Well, I've made so many great friends on the mission and I am so grateful for everyone of them.

One cool thing about this week is about when I was coughing in a taxi ride. The driver said that I needed to drink some honey and lemon juice. I had no idea that Oma had traveled to PerĂº to tell her secret, but it was sure fun to think about her. I love you Oma!!!!!!!!!! And Opa and Nomi and everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like you all had such a fun time at Lake Powell!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just so happy for you all and have never had so many desires to just work my hardest to build the kingdom here in PerĂº. I'll be making it a nice place for Matthew to come. I'm so excited for him to go through the temple and if the Young's move to Provo that would just about be the greatest news I could receive. I'm praying for you all. Once again, Lake Powell looks so cool and we'll have to make a trip again in a year or two. 

We had Zone Meeting (I think that's what it's called in English) this week and it was so great. I learned so much and know President Dorius is called of God. I'm gonna be sad to see him and Hermana Dorius leave, but I'm also really excited to see all the changes that happen with my new president, President Archibald. That's gonna be a big adjustment for all of us so I'll just keep working my best.

In the meeting I felt the Spirit so much and learned so many great things to help my teaching to the people here. It was tons of fun to be with so many friends from the whole mission and it amazes me how many great people there are in the world who just want to do what Heavenly Father asks of them. On the way home I was just crammed into a bus and so I thought about life. There isn't very much time to just think on the mission so I took advantage of what I was given. I thought about the things that make me who I am and overall just felt so much gratitude for all of YOU. It's because of all of YOU that I'm who I am today so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

We had a special baptism this week of a members son who bore his testimony after and just started crying. That was so special. I was able to give a talk and thought back on my baptism. I just felt the Spirit telling me once again that I did what was right WAY BACK THEN! That's maybe what hit me the most was how a decision over 11 years ago has changed my life so much. I'm so grateful for my baptism and that I was raised in the church.

A little girl was baptized too and we're working with her mom. She wants to be baptized but her boyfriend is getting out of jail in a month and they'll be living together again so we couldn't do that. We'll be teaching them both and helping them receive such a wonderful gift. The mom is really excited and it gets me even more excited. We were going to go by, but no guy would accompany us so I felt we should keep the rule and we would receive blessings. It turns out she had a nightmare and felt it was because she wasn't reading her Book of Mormon so she started reading it. I know that Heavenly Father really does bless us for our obedience.

This week I loved finishing 3 Nephi and blazing through 4 Nephi. It amazes me how 300 years of history can be contained in 6 pages. I loved reading about Christ's disciples and really enjoyed 3 Nephi 27:30-31 about receiving a fulness of joy when those we love do what is right. Then of course 4 Nephi 1:15-18 about how there could never be a happier people because there was no manner of -ites.

I love you all so much and hope you have the greatest week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again Lake Powell looked AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the best dad in the world and to all my uncles and grandpas too.

Love your best friend,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment