Monday, June 17, 2013

Elephants and Cureloms and Cumoms‏

Hello World,

I'm pretty sure that's what the scripture says in Ether, but I actually forgot my notes for this week so I will do the best with what I remember. I read that this morning and just was pretty excited to once again remember that there were once elephants that roamed this land. Elder Ryan Tirrell is among those wonderful creatures, but I'm gonna bring them back here. Well, probably not, but it sure would be cool.
 
I want to change the world one person at a time starting here in Perú. I know all my other family and friends out there serving missions are gonna do their part too and that's what I hold onto. I can't change these people, but Heavenly Father can through His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Atonement. I'm gonna bring it to the people and it's just gonna happen.
I went to the clinic this week because I woke up with some pain in my kidney. I don't really think I needed to go because the pain was 3 days before the appointment and I didn't feel anything anymore. Well, I went and waited more than an hour for the doctor to show up and then he talked to me for about 2 minutes. (Just makes me laugh). I don't know what's up, but now for the story.
I was walking along with the other elders and then some guy said ''elders'' really quietly to his son. I asked him how he knew us and he said that he had lived in Utah for a year. That was super crazy and then he talked about Salt Lake and Park City. I asked where he was from and he said Columbia. He said he wasn't baptized, but liked Utah. He didn't look super intereseted, but we gave him a pamphlet. The cool part though was when he said I spoke Spanish really well. I felt super good and then a little later we were on a bus home and I struck up a conversation with the guy next to me. He was super cool and we talked for 10 or 15 minutes. It just reminded me how important it is to talk with everyone and just open our mouths. Well, he said I spoke really well too so I felt pretty good. It's funny because some elders really want to become fluent and I'm more worried about other things (like patience and charity because I need it). So, they have the patience and the charity that I want and I've got the language. That's how it all works though. We just have to keep moving forward with the strengths we've been given and then change the weaknesses we've been given into new strengths.
Really other than that, I'm not so sure what to write. I don't know how preachy I've been before in my letters, but I sure have a lot of weaknesses to change and am so grateful for the ''enabling power'' of the Atonement.

Oh yeah, so I'm staying here for another 8 weeks with Elder China and we're gonna work our pants off. It's gonna be just amazing!!!!!! I know we can do this with the Lord's help.
I'm so excited for Matthew and Aannaliisa to be going through the temple tomorrow and I will be thinking about all of you together in such a sacred place. I love the temple so much. Enjoy every opportunity you have to be within those walls. I'm so grateful for the blessings of the temple and that we can be together forever as a family. I am so grateful for our heritage, for the faith the pioneers showed to bless us so much. Elder Holland gave a talk about that in a Regional Conference for us a couple years ago and I read it in an older Liahona this week. I love reading the words of the prophets.
I'm praying for Mariah and Dad. That they can have the best time ever in Germany. It was so much fun to hear about the Scouting adventures Dad and it will be fun to do some more camping when I get home. Get feeling better too Dad!!!!! It's no fun to be sick.

I love you all so much and am praying for you this week. Have the greatest week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're the greatest family and friends I could ever ask for. And we're gonna change the world this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love, love, love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment