Sunday, June 2, 2013

Great Gatsby!‏

HAGS (Have a Great Summer) everybody,

I definitely couldn't resist writing that and hope you all have such a fun last week of school and then enjoy every single minute of your summer break. That was always the best time of year so make sure you just soak it all up.

I was reading in the Liahona this week and saw an article by Sister Smith. It made me think about Eric Smith and I felt bad I didn't write him more. I think he's home now and if there's anyway you can get ahold of him or his email for me I would love to write him. I'm so grateful for all of my friends who have always been such great examples to me and it's fun for them to start going home now. I know the time just goes by so quickly.

This last week has been kind of cold. It gets down to like 63 degrees or so which isn't so bad, but it's not that fun to wake up to either. I've been doing more exercises this week though so that should help me stay warm and help with my body as well. (Now don't be thinking I'm all sorts of fat or anything, I just don't have very much muscle anymore).

We met this family Noelia and her daughter Geraldine this week and they're super cool. They have great desires to be baptized and it never ceases to amaze me how the Lord has prepared us to accept His gospel. I know we are doing His work here on the earth and I am so grateful to be a part of it.

Before I forget, I also need to send out a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my parents. 24 years must go by so fast. I'm so grateful for your examples to me of staying strong and making it through together. I am so grateful for my whole family and wouldn't be anything without you guys. You keep me strong when I want to be week and I am so grateful for your examples.

I'm training an elder named Elder China. He's from Bolivia, but his grandpa moved there from Japan during World War II. He actually lived in Japan for 7 years so he knows Japanese and is pretty good at English too. (Need to be a little careful with that). He's a cool guy and has lots of desires to just get working. I'm trying my best and sure am learning a bunch of things. Patience is number one on the list though and it's hard, but I'm grateful I can prepare for the rest of my life here on the mission. It just came to my mind to ask for a blessing yesterday and so I asked Elder Arnett to give me one. He said it was his first blessing and it was just what I needed. I know it didn't come from him because he said some really special things. I am so grateful for Priesthood Blessings and know our Heavenly Father is watching over our lives in a very personal way. I just cried and it felt so good.

I thought a lot this week about how privileged I've been to grow up in the US of A and enjoy so many blessings. I guess the better word is just blessed. Sometimes I wonder why people here act one way or another, but then I just try to be grateful that I was taught differently and it helps me not judge them.

I realized this week that Los Rosales is where I came to love the Peruvian people, where I learned to love them. It wasn't easy, but it's oh so worth it. We're all different, but we are all children of God and I am so grateful to be here on the mission where I am learning so much. I love Perú and I love Peruvians! I love everyone!

Miguel, Estefania, and Cristhan were baptized this week and it was so special. Miguel said it really touched him to hear that baptism was being born again and that we can start all over. That makes me think more about the sacrament too and how much of a blessing it is to be able to be clean EVERY SINGLE WEEK!

I loved reading in the Book of Mormon this week especially 3 Nephi 7:18 about faith equals power and how the people couldn't resist his teaching. 3 Nephi 9:20 about how the didn't know they had received the Holy Ghost and sometimes we don't realize. Then of course we've beenable to read about Christ's coming to the America's and the Sermon on the Mount is one of my favorite scriptural passages. I love the beattitudes and more than anything about the peacemakers (I'm still trying). Then I loved 3 Nephi 12:30 about taking up our cross (whatever it may be) or as I feel giving up our will to the will of The Father. And 3 Nephi 12:41 about ''going the extra mile''. I love the scriptures so much and am so grateful I can study them so much.

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever. Have so much fun in Lake Powell and whatever else you all are doing this summer. I'm praying for you and know it will be so much fun.

Love your best friend forever and ever,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment