Sunday, October 13, 2013

Desert Rose

So Good,

General Conference was just AMAZING and it was so fun to think that all of you were listening and enjoying the same things as I was. Something happened and we weren't able to watch it in English, but I still loved it in Spanish. I definitely have to admit that some things were missing though. We are all so blessed to be able to hear the prophet in our native tongue. The Spirit is always so strong!

I really loved pretty much all of the talks, but was especially touched by Elder Holland's masterpiece. He said just what I needed and it was amazing. It was all the best ever though. I definitely need to study the talks a bunch.

After Conference it was cool to just talk with all of the missionaries. I got to talk with Elder Holley, who actually was my zone leader back in Puente Piedra for the last Conference. I asked him 6 months ago if he loved Peruvians and it took him a couple seconds to say that he felt he did. I really couldn't say that I did at that time, but after thinking for a couple of minutes I realized a lot of people had touched my heart. After 6 months we both could say immediately that we loved Peruvians and even Perú. It's not a perfect place, but I love it. I'm gonna miss it so much when it's time to go home (the garbage and everything). It's amazing to me how much we all can change in such a short time if we just allow God to work in us. He has changed me so much and I am far from perfect, but I'm making my way everyday ALWAYS AND ONLY with His help.

A couple cool things that happened were being able to hear James Taylor rockin his tunes with MoTab. That was an amazing 30 seconds or so and I so enjoyed it.

It was also so cool to see the Tempernacle (Provo City Center Temple I believe). That's gonna be one pretty building and I kind of stood up and shouted with my arms outstretched when I saw it. Good times.

The other cool story for the week was when I asked my companion what the meat we had just eaten was and he said liver. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would have been. I had eaten it like 2 or 3 times before I even thought about asking. And if it's good for my body, all the better.

But by far the best story of the week is Oma!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much and am so grateful to hear you are feeling better!!!!!!!! I fasted this week and it was super special. It was one of those times where I really felt like I had accepted the Lord's will. Of course my dream is going through the Brigham City Temple with Oma and Opa when I get home, but I just told God that I knew He knew better. Like we heard a bunch of times in Conference (Isaiah 55:8-9). Yesterday while the choir was singing ''Abide With Me, ´Tis Eventide'' I was thinking about Oma because it is her favorite hymn. I was just thinking about it all and probably the most special revelation came to me. It was one of those moments when heaven touched earth and I know God loves us. I just felt that He misses us so much. We're here on earth and He wants us so badly to be with Him. I just felt like He wants to be with us all and He feels so happy when we die in the faith. He can then be with us again and I just felt how much He loves us and wants to be with us. I hope that all works out in your brain and heart like it did in mine. That was a really great moment to me. I'm so grateful His will was done and that Oma is doing much better.

Well, I'm loving it here in Los Proceres in estaca Los Olivos. It hit me this week that the Mount of Olives in Spanish is Los Olivos. I'm not sure what it says in English, but the description in the GEE (Bible Dictionary equivalent in Spanish) was really cool.

I really loved Isaiah 55:8-9, and Philippians 1:3 this week. I hope you all have the best week ever and please give Oma and Opa and everyone a huge hug for me and a kiss too.

Thanks for being the best family ever! I missed our General Conference traditions, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your boy in Perú,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment