Monday, October 14, 2013

Papa

Oh Yeah,

This week was a really great week and I actually want to start with the scriptures and talks I loved so much. So, I know you guys have all probably read it in the Liahona it's called ''His Grace Is Sufficient'' by Brad Wilcox. I actually heard it in my 3rd area with my companion like twice because he had it on his USB. I then read it in Spanish in the Liahona and was talking about it and then Hermana Lind in my zone was like, I have it in English. So next thing I know I have the full talk in English and it was amazing. I don't know how many times I need to read that talk in my mission and life, but everytime it is just amazing. I guess that's how the gospel works, we just keep remembering the same things over and over again and each time a little bit more sticks. I'm so grateful for His grace!

In that talk I also found two amazing scriptures I wanted to share. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 and also Luke 1:37. I love the scriptures so much and am so grateful for them. I miss the temple a bunch, but feel close to God every time I read my scriptures.

This week was pretty normal to me at least. I really don't know what to write you about my companionship. Elder Herrera is a really cool guy from Cordova, Argentina. He knows a ton of stuff because he read way too many books here on the mission. He was baptized a little less than 3 years ago and left with 1 year as a member on the mission. He makes me laugh a lot with some of the things he says in lessons, but I know it comes from his huge desire to help others understand the gospel. He's cool because we can just talk about all sorts of things together and it's nice to not have to walk the streets in silence like with some other companions. All people are different though and I've learned from all of my companions. He reminds me how blessed we are to be here in the mission and that's a great thing.

The best part of the week by far was a work visit (I think it's called exchange in English) with Elder Holley. I love that man a whole bunch and am so grateful I get to know him here on the mission. We just had a great time teaching in his area. We had a cool experience where this girl came out of nowhere and just started talking to us in English and she actually spoke really well.

My spiritual experience for the week was during a work visit with Elder Holley. I had a reference for him and we were looking for it. I read him the wrong direction and so we headed off there. I was confused where we were going and then we got there and it wasn't the right place. I told him I thought it was closer to where we started so we headed back. Then we were headed down a street and I was about to turn and then he said he wanted to pass by a testigo church. I thought it was the same so we passed by. Then out of nowhere this girl yells at us. So we stop and she asks us if we speak English. She tells us she is studying English at an institute and always likes to practice with gringos. That was pretty funny, but really cool. She seemed interested about the church too and we invited her to English classes we have in the church. We walked away and then were just amazed at the Lord's hand how he placed us EXACTLY where we needed to be EXACTLY when we needed to be there. I read the wrong direction, then we went down a different street, and it was just so cool. We ended up at the reference and it was like 3 houses from where we started. I don't know what will happen, but I know that God directs His work.

In the night we were able to just talk for a long time. We started off just throwing his trompo (a top) and it was pretty fun. We were just talking about the mission and life and he showed me a bunch of pictures he had. We talked about our families and our biggest fears. It was cool to be able to just open up with someone again and let it out.  I keep getting worked up that life will be so different when I get home and then I realize 1 day still has 24 hours and a week is still 7 days. I get to choose how I use my time and I'm definitely going to choose going to the temple.

It was nice to let go of my fears and know that we are all struggling in this life. Elder Holley is such a great example to me. I love that he gets some sports updates from his family too. Someone may seem all perfect on the outside, but we are all working our best in this life. Just go give everyone a hug for me. We all need it.

About Papa. It's still not 100% real to me, but I feel so much peace when I think about or talk about him. I know he's not far. He's showing us how it's done, just like he was a great example in life. From one of my favorite songs ''he showed me how I'm supposed to live and now he showed me how to die''. I'll be thinking about him and all of you tomorrow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss him a lot, but it's just like I miss all of you. It'll be real one day, but for now I'm just so grateful for the Spirit which comforts me so much. I hope you all have such a great day and that you all have fun times remembering Papa. I love him so much and am so grateful for the time I got to spend with him, especially that last little bit working on the house. Nomi, I love you so much too and pray the Spirit will comfort you. Thank you so much for marrying such a great guy. I owe EVERYTHING to my family for your examples.

I am so happy to hear about Oma and Opa too. You are both in my prayers constantly and I know Heavenly Father will continue to watch over you. Have fun with the family getting together and I'm gonna be there before any of us even knows it.

Have the greatest week ever and please go to the temple for me. I miss that place so much. I'm so happy here on the mission and wouldn't trade this for anything. See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your amigo fiel para siempre,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment