Sunday, October 13, 2013

What Is Love?

Well, I'm laughing, just like I said I would be last week. I got transferred here to Los Próceres in the stake Los Olivos. It was hard to leave Huacho, but I'm loving it back here in the city. It's like I get to start it all over again and I'm just enjoying all of the little things like; buses, traffic, smog, and lots of noise. I'm just loving it and am so grateful I can be serving my Lord and Savior. I really have been laughing the majority of this week because the littlest things just make me happy.

I am companions with Elder Herrera who is from Cordova, Argentina and we are both new in the area so ''white washing''. It's been a pretty crazy week and we've definitely gotten lost more than once. We've walked the limits of our area a couple of times and have definitely been invading the hermanas area. We're not teaching anyone though, so we're fine. Just funny stories. The ward is so awesome here though and have helped us so much. Everyday someone new has shown us around and I am so grateful for a ward that wants to help us. We were able to help with a service project on Saturday digging a trench and that was super fun too. I just love getting down and dirty and helping others.

We had an amazing baptism and are so ready to have more here.

Oh yeah, we/I locked us out of our apartment and had to do some crazy mountain climbing to get back in the room. Okay, maybe it wasn't that crazy, but it was a tiny windowsill that I had to stand on in my Sunday shoes (I should have just done it barefoot). The good news is I didn't fall and die and now everytime we leave my companion asks me if I have the keys. Gotta love those fun stories.

I don't really know what else to say other than I am loving life here. Really, I am just so happy and His will is being done. I know so many good times (as well as growing experiences) are ahead and I'm excited for them.

I wrote this to my President:

My spiritual experience for the week was the baptism we had. We just got here and everything was so ready. Doris just had the purest desires and that was really special to me. She just said she wanted to get baptized and keep learning more. I felt the Spirit when she said that. Also last night we had a lesson with a less active that was amazing. She knows way too much for her own good, but as my companion said, she doesn't understand any of it. She actually agreed and it's sad, but at the same time so happy, to see that she has been humbled so much. I wish she never would have passed this road, but we are going to help her get back on the path. I just felt such pure love for her and her husband and know they can help this ward so much. I know it's never too late to come back to Christ. I shared that with her and it felt really good. We weren't messing around and talked direct to her. I just love being a servant of the Lord.

Thanks for letting me know about Oma and Opa. I feel a part and protected. I know things will be as they need to and trust Heavenly Father is watching over all of you. My prayers are united with yours too and know He will protect all of you.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST TWO WEEKENDS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Have tons of fun watching it as a family and I'm looking forward to writing you next week.

Thanks for being the greatest family ever! You are all in my prayers!

Love your little rascal in Lima again,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

Good ol' chicken foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment