Monday, September 23, 2013

His Will

Hey Everybody,
     This week has been really confusing to me, but I continue forward with faith in Christ knowing that His will will be done.
     I found myself asking a couple of times this week something that Tanner had wrote in his email. ''Does God want baptisms, or does He want me to grow?'' Let's just say it's been a pretty hard time as far as people coming unto Christ is concerned. It seems like everyone just keeps falling through, so I thank my Heavenly Father for this ''mountain to climb'' like Aannaliisa wrote (great talk). My will is that I don't hurt and that people come unto Christ, but I am trying my best to do what He wants. I prayed this morning and told Heavenly Father that He has everything of me. I'm done wanting what I want. I will just do what He asks. Still not easy, but I'm getting there.
     Just 2 weeks ago I felt invincible and that everyone in this area was progressing towards baptism. Well, I can definitely say that I have been humbled and will just trust in the Lord's strength from now on to forever. I don't know how many times I have made that promise or how many more times I will have to for the rest of my life, but I will do it as many times as is necessary.
     I'm trying to stay positive though and know this time will be different. I am really trying to find happiness in the midst of afflictions. I know it's not easy, but I don't want to just wait this one out. I want to learn to overcome adversity and for that I thank the Lord. I know He will help me through this. He has never asked me more than I could handle and I trust it will be the same.
     It's really funny because I really thought the hardest times were over. Well, maybe they are. I feel a lot more prepared and stronger this time, but need to continue to learn and grow. I just thank all of you for the support you give me. It helps me so much to know I have so many people behind me.

     I want to be positive now though. I know this will pass, just as you all know too. We are all going to get through these days together, but I wanted you all to know exactly how I felt. I remember some letters like this from Mariah where she had the best week ever and then the next was so hard, but by the next one she was so happy again. I have faith and hope that next week I will be sitting here looking back and laughing so happy.
     I had a really cool experience with an investigator this week named Manuel. He is this 12 year old kid that just explained all of 1 Nephi 1 to us. He said it was talking about the Messiah and then about God, Jesus, and the Twelve Apostles. That was just amazing, I could hardly believe my ears.
     I loved the email Hillary wrote last week about commiting someone to be baptized who was already baptized (in the only true church). That made me laugh a lot because that has happened to me before. You just have to keep going forward and try not to be too embarassed.
     I got to see Elder Custer this week and that was amazing. I am so grateful for all of the friends I have made in the mission.
     I also got to met Hermana Hooper who said she was from Australia then later explained she actually was living in New Zealand. That was so cool to be able to talk with her for a while about The Land of the Long White Cloud. She's from Auckland, but I can't remember what part. I'll have to ask her again when I get to talk to her, but it was so much fun just remembering our amazing family trip there. I love New Zealand so much and am so grateful we were all able to share that experience together.
     Hermano Simon and Hermana Martha (the people that cook for us) send thier greetings and so does my companion. I love it here even with the hard times. I am just becoming a better person and am so excited to be a better son, brother, cousin, nephew, and friend when I get home.
     I am so grateful to be here on the mission and feel like miracles are on their way.
Scripture of the week: Job 5:17-18
General Conference talk of the week: all of them, I'll get more specific, but definitely Mountains to Climb by President Eyring like Aannaliisa.

     I love you all so much and thank you for all of the prayers. I'm excited to tell you about all of the miracles that will happen this week. My miracle for the week was me changing, little by little, but it's sure a miracle.
     I love you once again, have the best week ever and know I am happy doing the Lord's will,

Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment