Monday, September 9, 2013

Elder Arciniegas

Hey Everyone,

This week has been such a great one.  I know the Lord has so many more blessings just waiting for us as we serve Him with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength.

I wanted to tell you a little bit about my companion Elder Arciniegas. Well, he's the bomb. He just does what the Lord and President Archibald ask him to do without thinking twice. He is such a hard worker and I get home so tired everyday. It is so amazing to have a companion who just wants to work because it is the right thing to do. He doesn't worry about what others think and has such a love for the people. Also, he broke up with his girlfriend last week. Oh yeah!

Now, I'm not saying everyone else needs to do that, but the Spirit told him to do it and he did it. That was so cool to see someone give up their own desires and something so special to them, to follow the will of Heavenly Father for them. It wasn't even that big of a distraction before, but he wanted to give everything to God so he did it. What a stud!

I got to work with Elder Poole this week too and that was really cool once again. If you don't remember, we were companions in the MTC and it just amazes me how far we both have come as missionaries. It was a great day and lets just say I wasn't prepared for what was coming up. A lesson fell through so he took us to another house. These people have been in church every week so I just asked the guy how long he had been member. Elder Poole then tells me in English that he isn't a member. I was totally confused and then it turns out the mom is a member who won't get divorced so she then can get married to the guy she is living with and so he can get baptized. But it gets worse.

She has an 8 year-old daughter that she won't let get baptized. I was totally unprepared for that. I opened up the scriptures, tried asking some good questions, tried to understand but nothing. I never thought I would come across a member that didn't want their child to get baptized. Well, she does want her to get baptized she just doesn't think she's ready yet. That's really sad and I just want to thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me what was correct and then allowing me to choose. I love our family so much.

So the lesson fell through with The Killers lady, but we have another appointment this week. I heard a guy playing sax from the street so we of course had to knock his door. He wasn't super interested, but I loved the sax and know I have to buy one when I get home.

Now for quote of the week. ´´Don´t give two years of your life to God, but give your life to God in two years´´ That one was really good and I'll be living it extra this week.

Thanks for all of the love and support. I love you all so much and you are all in my prayers.

BYU COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your pal in Perú,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment