Monday, September 2, 2013

Brandon Flowers!!!!!!

Hey everybodies,
I'm trying to send this out to a few of my brothers. Not sure if you want to hear what's going on, but I suggest just taking a picture and reading it later so you don't take up internet time. If you don't have time to read it don't worry though. I just love you all.
So now on to my title. I was walking one day to lunch and we had to recharge our phone (not a cellular device) so I crossed the street to go to the shop. Well, lets just say I was being watched over that day because if I never would have crossed I would have never been blessed with the heavenly sound that entered my ears. I was walking by a house and I just stopped dead in my tracks. I would have recognized that voice from a mile away and a tear of joy almost came to my eyes. Yep, you guessed it, the one and only Brandon Flowers. I assume it was the new The Killers album because I didn't recognize the song and it was beyond anything I have ever heard on this earth. So for you guys back home, I urge/exhort you to listen to anything and everything that has been touched by the hands of that man. Oh yeah, almost forgot the best part. We're late for lunch but there was no way I was gonna deny a sign directly from the heavens so I knocked the door. This lady opens and I just tell her, ''that's The Killers, isn't it''. She's all confused to see some gringo at her door but tells me yes. I explain that I love him and then decide to be a missionary and tell her who we are. Turns out that she's a big Catholic and wants us to pass by and talk about the Bible this Wednesday. I hope we can help her learn about the only true Church of Jesus Christ and trust He will help us. Talk about going original on contacting. I love being a missionary!

My spiritual experience definitely came in a lesson with an investigator Rocío. We were just talking before we were going to start teaching and it came up that her son had died a couple of years ago. It was so easy to see that she was still hurting from that, like any mother would. My companion started talking about the Plan of Salvation and I was just thinking about jumping straight to what happens after this life. It didn't work out so we just kind of explained it all, where we come from, why we're here, and where we're going. As we talked about what we need to do in this life she 100% understood that we are here to follow Christ. Then we explained about the spirit world and how her son was taken care of. Her sister who is a member was there too and talked about how their mom had died too. The mom and the sister, María, had been baptized and that was a special connection for them. I was freezing cold because I was in a short sleeve shirt and it just got super cloudy, but you could see that the Spirit was working in them. Not because they were crying, but because you could just see the change in her heart. We explained that there is a judgment and to be able to live with Heavenly Father again we need to follow His Son and be baptized. My companion invited her to be baptized and she was a little hesitant, then he asked her again and she said she would pray about it. It was so amazing to be a part of helping someone else understand the Plan of Happiness that Heavenly Father has given us. I think the more amazing part was me learning about the Spirit though. I used to always think that it had to be something big, that I had to REALLY feel it. But just being there and seeing the change in everyone around me I could recognize that we weren't alone. Heaven is always helping us in this work. Just like it says in Galatians, I felt: peace, joy, love, faith, and good things so I know the Spirit was there.
I also got to talk with Antonio and Reynalda this week and we had a great lesson about the temple. I am so excited for them to continue learning and growing in the gospel and am so grateful to be a part of their lives. It is just so amazing to me all of the people I have come to love here on the mission.

We were able to help a lot of less actives go to church yesterday and it was great to see our investigators make it too. I had fun explaining 1 Nefi 4 to some investigators this week and she was laughing so hard. She said I made it just like a movie.  It is so much fun to be teaching the gospel to these people.

My companion is the greatest ever and we get along so well. We just talk about anything and everything. He really loves cars and I'm learning a bunch about them too. He used to do street racing and he's so cool. I love him so much and am grateful for Elder Arciniegas. This work is the greatest!

Have the greatest week ever and enjoy school! I'm praying for you and am looking forward to hearing all about it.
Love your best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley


P.S. I was trying to send more pictures but this is the only one that worked. I just saw it painted on the side of a house and it's a great quote. I hope you guys all have fun in the rain today.


"Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment