Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bacon

Vacán,

So, that's how you say cool in Perú and I also ate bacon this week so, yeah, good times.

This week starts with me making my way to the center of Lima because my companion had to go to the doctor for his knees. The good news is that he's doing alright, the bad news is that we were resting all week long so not much happened. The better news is that, I WENT TO THE CENTER OF LIMA. Wowwy dowy, it is so pretty down there. Like I was in the long dreamed of Garden of Eden. We drove right by the golf course and it was B-E-A-UTIFUL. I'm talking, holey toledo status. Then we just kept on driving and out of nowhere pops a Nissan GTR. That was pretty amazing. I was drooling and crying and shouting for joy. Alright, maybe not so much, but it was amazing. It was all just so green down there and so well kept. Also, I got to see the national stadium and that was cool.

Then after the clinic we went to Chili's and I got to eat a bacon burger. So delicious! It really can't get much better than that.

We were just resting all week, so not much happened. I got to do a work visit with Elder Holley and that was super cool again. We just talked some more and threw around his baseball. Wow, that was so good. I miss baseball and we just talked a bunch about sports. He got moved to the offices and I'm gonna miss him a ton, but it's so cool to know we have a long time after the mission to have fun. The picture is a painting we found in his area on the side of a school. I really want to take more pictures now because there is some cool stuff going on down here.

For Dad, and all who know what I'm talking about. This week I was just walking along and did the quadratic rap. It was pretty cool and fun to remember you.

Our ward is doing great and we just keep getting more help. Luis             is going strong and will probably go to the temple this month. I'm so excited to go with him and will keep you all posted.

A good scripture for the week is Matthew 16:25 and also Proverbs 27:5 seeing as President has asked us to be more direct.

Letter to President:

In my studies for the week I learned a lot about preaching to the people even if they don't want to hear -- like Samuel the Lamanite. He just did the will of God and many people were blessed for his work and obedience. Not everyone was saved, but it was a lot more than before he started preaching. He was so brave and so direct and I want to be even more like that. I also loved reading about Nephi and how he was so worried for the righteous people. I love how it says the people were nervous, but were firm in the faith. I can't even imagine how that would be, but they teach me a lot about faith. And then it's so awesome when Christ talks to Nephi and tells him that the next day He was going to come to the earth. That's how it always is, He waits until the last minute and we have to stay strong in the faith.

This week was really weird because my companion has been resting all week. My spiritual experience would definitely have to be the interview I had with a joven named Aarón in Los Olivos for his baptism. I just knew he was ready. It felt so good to talk to someone with so many desires just to do what's right. I love doing interviews because I feel close to the people so quickly and I also feel close to heaven. It just amazes me all of the changes people are willing to make in their lives to follow Christ.  I am so grateful to be a part of this work.

I love you all so much and thank you for the prayers. I'm happy to hear things are giong better up at Nomi's and Uncle Tyler will be in my prayers along with the Youngs and the whole family.  Just know that I am so happy down here. It's a different world, but I love it.

Please send my love to everyone, especially Oma and Opa.

''Put that thing back where it came from or so help me''

Have the best week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your Sully lovin' pal,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

Aaron and Sully

No comments:

Post a Comment