Monday, November 18, 2013

Show Me the Meaning of the Haste

Oh Yeah,

This week was absolutely amazing and I am grateful to be here in Perú. I went to the temple and it really doesn't get much better than that. I feel that Heavenly Father is pleased with my service and I'm a happy camper. I love Perú so much.

So, last Monday we went out to some cool ruins that are just chilling in our zone. It was really cool, well really it was just nice to see something different and worthwile. It reminded me a lot of Mesa Verde.  (I'm so grateful for all of the fun family trips we've been able to have and am so looking forward to more on the way.) I mean, I think all the people thousands of years ago built their houses the same so, just go visit Mesa Verde. And then we can all go to Macchu Picchu, sounds like a great plan to me.

It was amazing to me to see the difference in some of our investigators this week. Let's just say when we started off they were having a hard time understanding the simplest of things. I don't know if they were just really scared or what it was, but now you can see there is a light on. They are understanding things and can even explain back to us, or have questions of their own. Alright, I know what it is and it's called the gospel of Jesus Christ. When they do what they're supposed to, especially reading the Book of Mormon, they become much more enlightened. For all of you people out there studying at college or maybe another language in the mission, I know the best way to learn is reading the Book of Mormon. In any and all languages. My testimony of that book increases each and every day. I love it so much. Just put it to the test if you don't believe me.

By far the best part of the week was being able to go to the temple with Luis and his wife Rosa. It was a little crazy getting there, but some nice people helped us along the way and we made it there on time (which is amazing with Lima traffic). It was just so great to see them outside the temple waiting for us and Hermano Luis gave me a huge hug. I kind of felt the whole day like I did at his baptism which was amazing. He was so happy and was treating me like his savior.  I sure love him. Once again, I was looking for something big but found joy in the little things.  I'm so grateful I have been able to be a part of his family's life and seeing him go through the temple made missionary work have a whole new level of importance. 

It was so amazing all day the peace I felt. It just felt like home and I really have missed that feeling. I'm gonna go to the temple as often as I can when I get home because that's where I feel best, that's where life gets clearer. I didn't feel overwhelmed with happiness or anything, but the absolute peace was amazing. There is no place better on this whole planet than the temple and I am so grateful we can go there to feel the love of God.

So about the title. Once again, just go watch the Lord of the Rings. It's amazing, oh yeah and maybe The Hobbit part 2 is coming out soon. I really don't know, but I hope you all enjoy it. Well in Doctrine and Covenants 88:73 it talks about hastening the work and President Monson said that prophesy has been and is currently being fulfilled. That was really cool for me to hear and think about. I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing work. This is the craziest time of my life and sometimes it hurts real good, but then I just feel the love of God even more. I'm learning so much about trusting in Him and just doing His will. I know if we do His will we can be, if not happy, peaceful (FULL OF PEACE).  I know God is with us through thick and thin. He's the best friend we could ever wish for and as we truly remember that he is our FATHER, it all makes much more sense.
I love you all so much.  You are constantly in my prayers. 
 
So, I'm trying this thing where I'm gonna be praying more about baptizing and finding new people because prayer has been so powerful for me. I invite you all to do the same. Think of what is most important right now and don't cease praying for it. 
 
Well, I love you so much and thanks for all the support. I definitely couldn't be doing this without you. Keep fighting the good fight as my brotha Jacob Jespersen says. And enjoy the weather wherever you may be.

Love your Peruvian explorer,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment