Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm Gonna Miss Him!

Hey Family and Friends,

So, this week has been absolutely loco and I'm so grateful for it.

Last Monday was a great day. We went to the biggest patch of green I've seen in our entire mission and had some fun playing kickball (kind of frustrating because no one knew the rules, but totally awesome still), we ate some good food, of course we played some soccer (ran full speed into a tree and felt like I had just been hit by a train, it was awesome though because I couldn't hear for a couple of seconds just like a great tackle in football), and of course the water came out so we all got soaked.

Then Tuesday rocked our world. We went to the leadership meeting and they told us that Elder Herrera was entered in the system to finish his mission on Wednesday. That was so so crazy. He talked with President Archibald and got everything worked out so he is headed home today at like 11:00 Lima Time. I'm gonna miss him so much, but am happy that he can go home and bless his family.

Pretty much all week was focused on getting things worked out between the doctors in Cordoba, saying goodbye to the ward (they're all going to miss him so much), the baptism that we had which was awesome, and of course his interview with President.

He shared a lot of cool things with me from the interview with President and it was just fun to talk. More than ever I am so grateful to be here on the mission and just want to work my hardest with my new companion Elder Carrillo who is from El Salvador, he's super cool too.

So yesterday I was just thinking a ton about all of the things Elder Herrera and I have been through together. I've never been with a companion as long as him (16 weeks) and I've learned and grown so much everyday. We haven't always done things right or always been happy, but we've never fought and we've always been able to work things out. It's been so amazing and just looking back at it all I feel so grateful and so blessed.

I'm so used to him and it's gonna be really weird to look to my side and not see him there. I've been forever changed by him and it's been so special to be with a companion that was also my best friend. He tried so hard to make the relationship work and that's what really counts. I'm gonna be praying for him a lot now that he might be having surgery for his knees. He'll know Thursday so please keep him in your prayers.

I'm so grateful for all the good, bad, awesome, marvelous, painful, and miraculous. Los PrĂ³ceres is such an amazing ward and we've started a great thing here in Estaca Los Olivos too. I can never forget these times we've had together and we're just going to keep up the good work with Elder Carrillo and the Lord to guide us along the way.

It's so crazy how fast the time has flown by from when we were both new and lost.  I wouldn't trade these times for anything in the world. I have grown so much with Elder Herrera and am so excited for what is ahead.

Heavenly Father is blessing us so much and we are seeing so many miracles.

Thanks for all of your love and support. I wish I had more time and words to write, but all I can think about is Elder Herrera. What a great guy!

I'm loving the mission so much and am so happy right now. I know hard times will come-a-knockin´again, but I'm just enjoying the time I'm given now.

I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have the best week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your happy, happy, happy missionary in PerĂº,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
Santiago Family -- I love them so much!
Baptisms in our Zone

I fell asleep while my companion was writing goodbye letters. Well really, it's not all that uncommon,
but he left me there until 1:30!  I was grateful for the blanket/knee saver.


My great friend - Elder Herrera and my new friend - Elder Carrillo

No comments:

Post a Comment