Sunday, January 5, 2014

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!

I love you all!

I'm so excited to skype tomorrow and can hardly believe that a whole year has passed since my first Christmas here in the mission. This year has definitely been different than I ever imagined, but I wouldn't change a single second of it for anything in the world. I'm so grateful to be a representative of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ during this very special time of year.

So real quick about the week.

The coolest part was just all of the amazing new things I learned or felt about the birth of Jesus Christ. In church we just talked about His birth and I realized just how amazing it all was and how special (or maybe not so special). Many times in this life we think that God doesn't love us because bad, or unexpected, things happen to all of us. I was just thinking about how Joseph and Mary would have felt on that special night so many years ago. They were going around from inn to inn, just trying to find one room, but there wasn't a single one in the whole city. So then they finally find the stable. They both must have felt like pretty big failures that they couldn't even give a room to the King of us all.

Then I was thinking. Heavenly Father is Jesus's father too. He could have made it happen if He wanted, but it was His will that His Only Begotten Son was born in a manger in that sacred stable. Joseph and Mary could have felt that God didn't love them or wasn't helping them, but I think they were lots better than I am about accepting the will of God. I had never thought of it that way before and know when things don't turn out as I planned or I even think God isn't watching over me, I can just remember the birth of Hes Beloved Son. HE ALWAYS LOVES US, even and maybe especially when we are passing through hard times and trials. I hope that brings you all some peace and joy in this Christmas season.

We had a cool Christmas activity as a mission and it was tons of fun to see some of my friends from the mission.

I've been chowing down on good ol' panetón, which like Hillary said is pretty much fruit cake, but AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it so much and am going to have to get it imported when I'm back home. And yes, I've found like 10 treasure maps and 50 skittles already.

It's been real cool this week going out with the jovenes (young men) in the ward and we have helped one make the decision to serve a mission that's so rewarding. Also, the ward is just so kind to us and we ate some cool food from the selva (jungle) the other day.

Oh yeah, we watched that awesome animated Bible story of Jesus' birth and it was so cool because I remember watching it when I was a little kid. I love looking back on this Christmas's and then looking forward and knowing there is so much to come. It was just so special and I thank you all for being a part of Christmas past and of course Christmas future.

I am really enjoying Christmas present.

Thank you all so much for your support. I'm so excited to finish el Libro de Mormón tomorrow and hope you all are reading that sacred book too.

Have the best Christmas Eve ever!!!!!!! And of course Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your best friend,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment