Sunday, December 22, 2013

"Do it again, but better!"


Hey everyone,

So you won't even believe it. I was on a work visit with another elder and his pensionista (the person that cooks for us) had a Bop-It 2. Yeah, that was super crazy. It was probably last on my list of things I thought I would see here in Perú. Well, it was just awesome to remember all those times we played as cousins and I'm looking forward to some more fun times when we're all back together. It was just so funny for me and I hope you all appreciate the awesomeness.

So this week was super weird and crazy and I don't really know what else. I've been trying so hard to be a better missionary. I'm really trying to study for the investigators, I am praying for them so many times a day, and I am just thinking about them all day long. I fasted for a family this week because the two daughters are more than ready, but just kind of hesitant to actually act on their answers. The other daughter and the mom feel good and know it's true. The dad is the real hard one. He's the guy I told you about that lived in Vernal, well I think I told you. He's super cool, but he just doesn't really want to believe and it's hard because we only get to meet with him once a week. It's really going to take a miracle. I guess my prayers were answered because the two daughters finally said they had come up with a date for their baptism and it's some time in January.

That was still kind of hard for me because I was really hoping they could be baptized in December, but that was the will of Elder Wheatley. I'm learning so much more about trusting and accepting and submitting to God's will. I know that He knows best and will give us all EXACTLY what we need.

I was reading about the ''successful missionary'' in Preach My Gospel for like the hundredth time and I feel like I am doing my best. I feel like I am completing with almost every point it says, but I am feeling a little down. Like it says, it's hard when people don't do what's right even when they know it's true, but I'm doing my best not to get too far down that path. I know Heavenly Father has so much prepared and I'm just going to trust in Him and His timing.

We had a lesson with that family yesterday and I cried. I think it was the first time in my mission that I cried in a lesson, but the tears just didn't fit inside me anymore. I'm doing ALL I can and I know Heavenly Father is watching over me. I know He is preparing the way for all of us to return to Him and I am grateful I can be a part of His plan for these people.

So a cool thing that happened was no one could accompany us one day and we needed someone to go visit this girl. We knelt down to pray as we were leaving and I just prayed that someone would be able to accompany us and at that exact moment we got a text. It was this returned missionary in the ward who said he could accompany us. That was absolutely amazing. It turned out that all day we were just walking, but it was still an answer to my prayer and one of the fastest answers I've ever seen. Kind of like ''The Best Two Years'' super cool and still makes me laugh.

Probably the other coolest moment this week was when I had a dream about Sufjan Stevens. I have no idea where it came from, but it was awesome. For those of you who don't know who he is...go look him up. And if you're on a mission, put him on that list of things you have to do after the mission.

We had a really cool service project where we cleaned the beach. It was so dirty and we picked up so much garbage, but of course after we finished it still looked so dirty...welcome to Perú. It was really cool to see so many people show up though and I'm grateful that we can serve all over the world.

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever!!!!!!! You are all in my prayers!!!! For those of you in school, enjoy finals and finishing up before Christmas!!! Enjoy the break too, it goes by way too fast!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your bestest friend learning and growing in Perú,
 
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 
P.S.  I'm so excited to Skype next week. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have the best week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Cleaning up the beaches in Lima!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment