Monday, December 2, 2013

''When the Dog Bites, When the Bee Stings''‏



 


What a story,

Yeah, so I assume you all just want to hear about the pictures so I'm gonna start there. First off, everything is fine and no, I'm not gonna turn into some kinda werewolf or freaky Peruvian dog, I'm doing great. It's kind of a cool bruise now though.

Alright, so my companion and I were on divisions with two guys preparing for the mission. I was with Alexis who is a cool guy here, that actually lives in Connecticut, pretty crazy. We were walking around the base of a hill trying to get to some less actives who are a part member family. I was super excited because we had just found a super awesome family too. So we're walking and this UGLY looking dog starts barking at us from the stairs on the hill and then runs at us. It's owner called it so I thought it was all good. It was a super mean dog though, it just hated everything. Well Alexis was closer to the dog so I thought I was double safe. I just kept walking like nothing happened because dogs always bark here. They also say that if the dog barks it won't bite so I was all cool. It barks once behind Alexis and then I just hear and feel my pants rip. Definitely not cool! I mean, that was my third time being bit in the mission. The other two just nipped my pants, but this one destroyed my pants!

My leg was good, just a scrape that bled later. Well, the owner was looking at us and then like 30 seconds later decides to come over when I don't move. She asks if I'm alright and I say I'm fine. She apologizes, probably because she is so afraid her dog just bit a gringo. Alright, I don't really know her intentions, but you catch my drift. I decided this could be a cool mission experience so I try to contact her and she just kind of leaves in a hurry apologizing. Well, I tried at least. I was pretty mad I didn't kick the dog at least so I hucked a rock at the next dog that barked. Well, I guess people were looking and maybe it wasn't the best decision to take it out on another dog, but its over and done now. A friend in the mission suggested that I chop up some ají (peppers) and go throw them in the dogs face. I think that's a bit drastic, but I mean, come on man, I didn't do anything to that dog. Oh well, I'm laughing now and it's all good. 

My companion called the offices for me and they said I should be fine because the dog shouldn't have rabies and I'm just on some anti-biotics. Crazy stories from the mission.

This week was super cool about meeting new people. The Lord really blessed us.  I just know He is preparing people all over the world to hear His message. He loves every single one of us.

We had the longest lesson of my mission yesterday. We got this reference from some members and it's a pretty cool family. The daughters are awesome and have gone to church for months now. The parents are really hard to find and are only there on Sundays. The dad is pretty cool too because he lived in Vernal, Utah working on a ranch for like 3 years, but doesn't know any English. Well the parents have listened to the Jehovah's Witnesses before and that was super crazy. Well the lesson just got hard when we said ''God is our loving Heavenly Father''. I think they are starting to understand, the hermana at least seemed to understand pretty good, but it's so hard to undo so many years of teaching and thinking.

More than anything I am just so grateful for ''the plain and simple things'' that we have as members of the Church and for the Book of Mormon. I love that book so much. I finished 3 Nephi and 4 Nephi this week and loved reading the words of the Savior. I'm so excited to finish for Christmas and give this present to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It's been cool to read in Spanish for the first time and reading it twice in one year is awesome too.

Oh yeah, so the Hermana Lucy is so awesome. She made it to church yesterday with her son Alex who is getting ready to be baptized too. She has so much going on in her life right now, but she's doing all she can to hold on to the peace that she has found. It was so amazing to see her walk in without anyone that brought her.  I love her so much. I just am so grateful to be here in Perú and for these amazing people.

Thanksgiving was good, but just nothing compares. It was cool to eat turkey, but I miss just being absolutely STUFFED after eating with the family. I'm so excited for next year and my stomach is preparing itself already.

I hope you are all enjoying December and the fun weather you are  having. This year has just flown by and I'm excited for all the next one has in store for me.

Thanks for all your love and support. I love you all so much and pray for you all everyday. Thanks for being the best family (friends are family too)!

Love your dog-bitten (finally not fleas) amigo in Perú,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment