Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bucket Showers

Yep folks, I'm still taking my showers out of the bucket. The lady said she was going to send someone over today to get it all worked out, but let me just say...taking bucket showers was not on my bucket list. It sure is a fun experience from the mission though.
We went to The White Christ last week and it was super cool. I hope you like the photos and I'll definitely be taking a return trip before I leave Barranca.

I also walked right through a graveyard in the pitch black this week and that was just a tad bit scary. I was on a work visit though, so I acted like a man. It was really cool there though because there aren't any lights and the stars were so bright. I mean, in Lima you can't even see the stars sometimes so I was really happy. 

I also went on a cool work visit to a place called Pativilca this week and that was just beyond this world. The drive out there we cross a river and there aren't lights and I just stuck my head out the window and felt like I was driving down Provo Canyon. It was one of the most glorious moments of my entire mission and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Traveling at night is just so awesome!

I got to see Elder Poole this week (my MTC companion) and it was so cool to talk with him. We've both come so far as this mission just flies on by. I also saw Elder Brimley who was my companion for like 2 weeks at the beginning of my mission in Faucett and he just radiates happiness. They are both total studs.

I got to talk with another elder about one of my old areas (Los Rosales) and he told me that Josafat is going strong. He's an awesome kid I was blessed with the opportunity to teach and baptize a year ago and he's preparing to go on a mission now. He's the guy that read the whole Book of Mormon before his baptism.  I love him so much. I'm so excited for him.

I was thinking this week about how I used to say when people would ask me how Mariah was doing that she was happy on her mission and that there were hard times, but she knew they would come when she signed up to be a missionary. I know now a little better what those hard times are like, but then I thought a little more and it hit me. Living the gospel is the exact same. When we follow Christ we can't expect it will all be perfect, but it will be better and I'm gonna stay on the path. Thanks for all being great examples to me of doing the same.

We met a cool guy named Isaias this week and I'll tell you more about him next week.

I loved brother Elder Andrew Woodruff's letter last week about how he hasn't seen as many ''visual fruits'' as he would hope for on his mission, but how he is still so grateful. I feel the same and am so grateful for the support of all my brethren and sistren out on the missions.

Thanks for letting me know about Oma. She'll be in my prayers extra this week and I know it'll all work out fine.

Oh yeah, and let me know about Jamie and Joseph too. I would love to know what your plans are guys. The mission is the greatest ever so come on out here. That's for everyone else too. I love the mission!

That's crazy about Perry. I'll be praying for him extra this week and EmmaLee too. I hope he can recover quickly from his surgery. I can't believe that so many cousins are out on the mission at the same time.

In answer to your question, a typical day is walking a bunch and teaching a couple lessons, but lots of walking and talking still. My apartment is alright, it has tile floor so that's nice, but not enough water to shower so we're working on that this week with the owner. About our mamacitas -- Yep, in the whole mission someone cooks lunch for all the missionaries, but we do breakfast and dinner.

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week ever!

Love your pal in PerĂº and buddy in Barranca,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley


Elder Garcia and I

My District

An awesome statue of Jesus out on the beach in Barranca.



My Zone

CORN, real corn. It's GREEN!!

A lovely hillside in front of the ocean.  (Wow, so pretty and I'm actually sitting on grass!!!!!!!!!)

A cool sheep I wanted to show you while we were doing service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment