Monday, March 31, 2014

Coolness

So good,

Well, I didn't write a single thing down this week to share with all of you so this is gonna be different.

A couple cool things that happened this week are that I finally started to write in my journal again. I've been really lacking because at night I always think about writing or whether I should try to be at least a little obedient and get to bed. This whole zone leader thing really does take time.  (We are off to Lima a little later today for the leaders meeting tomorrow.)  It's a crazy, but awesome life.  I'm so grateful for all I'm learning too. Well, I was talking with my companion and he asked why us (North Americans) usually write in journals. I explained that before the mission I wrote for like 3 years, but had stopped out here on the mission. So then I talked about how I always did it for my future wife and children. Then I was brushing my teeth and I just decided to do it. Now I'm even a little less going to bed on time, but I know my family will be grateful that I'm writing. I'm just going to try to do all that I need to faster so I can get some more sleep.

I love Sundays here in Barranca. I used to just feel really disappointed because so many people would tell us they would come and then wouldn't ever make it, but I feel really different here. I'm loving it and just feel there are so many people ready to hear our message. And even though it's a branch, it's just really fun. There are still kids running all over the place and screaming, but I'm learning to help instead of just complain. The members here are really cool too and I love them.

We had an awesome family night last night in the house of a member and a bunch of less actives came that we invited. There were like 36 people which is almost half of the people that go to church so that was pretty cool. It was really fun. I just feel really close to these people in such a short time. I'm learning how to be a better missionary and am loving this time more than ever.

Life is just really good. I'm enjoying the greenness and feel like I am becoming a much better person too. I am so grateful for the mission and for all of the changes that God is making in me.

An extract from my letter to President.
My spiritual experience of the week was when the hermanas from Jardines called us to please help them with their baptism. The girl (who is the daughter of the branch president) is terrified of the water and no one really knows why. We tried to help her, but she just wouldn't do it. We talked with the branch president and he said there was another girl that was baptized, but her record wasn't made and she didn't want to do it again. We talked with her to see if she would do it to show the other girl that baptism isn't scary and that got her. Before she just didn't want to be baptized again, but then she thought about helping someone else so she was willing. We had the interview right then and it was a really cool moment to know we were exactly where we needed to be exactly when we needed to be there. The next day she was baptized and even though the branch president's daughter entered the water, she still refused to do it. It was a special experience to know that we helped a daughter of God (who is more than active in the church and her mom too) be baptized.

I'm so excited for General Conference this week. It's my favorite two weekends of the year and I am so ready to hear the words of living prophets. I am going to be thinking about all of you when I'm watching Conference and hope you can all feel of my love. I'm really looking forward to watching it with the family when I get home and of course the monkey bread. For real though, that stuff is heavenly.  Thanks for teaching me to love Conference and always making it such a special time.

We have met some really cool people here in Barranca and I'll tell you about them next week. Sorry I didn't write down more things. I feel super bad, but it's gonna be even better next week. Enjoy the pictures. Honest Abe just made me laugh and my companion thought I was weird for taking the picture, but I loved it.

I'm almost done with the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi.  They are so amazing. There's so much to learn and I'm enjoying everyday.

Have the best week ever and know you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all more than I could ever say. Enjoy General Conference and just keep being amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your happy as ever, life loving, best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

P.S. from Dayna -- 

Yep, I found Honest Abe just chilling in Barranca. He looks so peaceful, what a man!
And a view of my area, we're getting greener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment