Sunday, April 13, 2014

GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!! SO READY!!!!!!!‏

The spiritual experience of the week was definitely General Conference. I forget really quickly the things I have heard so I need to study it a lot more, but the feelings I felt stay with me for a long time and I thought about how investigators probably feel the same and how I can relate to them better now. I shared that with an investigator last night and it just hit me how important it is to feel the Spirit. It doesn't matter so much what people (or I) say, but what everyone feels.  I'm so grateful we can enjoy such an amazing feeling during General Conference as the Spirit speaks to our spirit. It was amazing yesterday too because a joven who went on the mission but came back for medical reasons a year ago took his first steps inside the church in almost a year. I know he felt so much and we're not going to let him escape again.

A part from my letter to President.

My family,
 
General Conference was just about the coolest thing that has happened in this century. I mean, I was just soaking it all in and loving every minute of it. I got a little of it in English, but then I realized that this is my last time in Perú so I gloried in the Spanishness for Priesthood and the two sessions on Sunday. It was so amazing and I am so grateful that we can listen to a prophets voice in our day. I feel so extremely blessed.
 
We had an amazing leadership counsel last week. I don't know why, but usually I just don't feel it so much and hearing all of my friends write about their awesome experiences in leadership counsel made me wonder why I wasn't feeling the same. Well, I prayed extra hard that I would be humble and could learn this week and it was amazing. Presidente Archibald talked about how we need to focus on repentance because like it says in 3 Nephi 7:24 if these people repent, then they will be baptized. We talked a lot about what repentance really is and I'll try to send some awesome papers he gave us to you guys next week. I've been trying to apply it in my work and it's been helping a lot. The people here have so much faith, they have ''believing blood'', but we need to help them repent.
 
Our branch mission leader is super cool. He's kind of an older guy and is just so happy to help us with whatever we ask him. He has a habit of saying ''parece mentira'' (it seems like a lie) before a lot of his sentences so this week he said ''it seems like a lie, but God loves us''. Man, that was so hard not to just bust out laughing in the middle of the lesson. I love him so much though and am grateful for his help.
 
Oh yeah, so we were just walking this week and I saw a guy with a football jersey on. Then I noticed that it was some nice colors (blue and gold) and then on the back it said FAULK and there was no way that we were going to pass him up. Yep, it was a genuine (genuine fake that is) Marshall Faulk #28 from the St. Louis Rams. That was amazing in and of itself, but then it turns out that he and his dad have actually gone to church before. They didn't make it to Conference, but you can rest assured that we'll be visiting them this week.
 
Sorry I don't have much more time. I just wanted to say that I loved Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk so much. I've been really trying my whole mission to stay low on the preaching and committing my family and friends, but I felt like his talk was just too special. He challenged us all to invite one person every 3 months to listen to the missionaries. A lot of excuses came to my mind, but then I realized he's a prophet of God. I know it's maybe not so easy in Utah, or anywhere else (there are always excuses), but I want to invite you all to follow a living prophet of God. We're gonna have to think outside of the box and try some new things out, but that's why we were born. ''A prophet of God has spoken and I must obey'' is what I wrote in my notes, I hope you can all take the time to say a prayer. I know that God will tell you who you should talk with.
 
I loved Conference so much and missed you all more than I can even say. Enjoy the last little bit of school and give it your all. I'm really feeling the urgency in my mission and am trying to give more than I've ever given before. We're going to have a baptism this week of the two kids of a less active couple and the dad is going to baptize them. I'm so excited and it's so amazing to help a whole family come back to Christ. They all went to Conference and are doing what they need to come closer to Christ. I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work.
 
Thanks for all of your amazing examples to me. I wouldn't be anything without my family (friends are family too). You are all constantly in my prayers. Have the best week ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! And go share the gospel, I'll be doing it with you all before we even know it.
 
And one more thing. I don't know if I've ever really asked for advice before, but the more I learn, the more I realize I have so much more to learn. Any advice on how to give it my all here in the mission would be greatly appreciated from any source. I'm doing great and loving it, but I want to be better. Please just let me know what I can do, any advice is appreciated.
 
I love you all more than I could ever say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Tupananchiscama (until we see each other in Quechua-a native language of Perú) LOVE YOU,
 
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 
Giving Service



Good 'ol Guinea Pig!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment