Monday, April 14, 2014

I Can't Believe It!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,

I can hardly believe that Jacob Jespersen is already home. I remember chilling in his front room after he was set apart and just thinking about when I was going to be able to come on the mission. These 2 years have just flown on by and I love that man so much. I love all you brethren and sistren out serving the Lord too. Thank you all for being such great examples to me.

I forgot to write last week about my interview with President. My temple recommend expired at the end of April so I needed to get a new one. So when I was in Lima I asked him for an interview and it was so awesome. It was just so special to be able to answer those questions being a missionary and not even waver for half a second. I teach those things everyday and it was just so amazing to be able to say that I consider myself worthy to enter the temple, the House of God.

My spiritual experience of the week was definitely the baptism of Piero and his little brother Luiggi. Their dad, Roberto, was able to baptized them and then Sunday confirm them members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was so special to see a family united by the gospel. Both their parents are members, but were inactive for so many years. We have been helping them as a family come back and enter the path as a family. I love that family so much and it was just so amazing to see a dad who a couple weeks or months ago wasn't even thinking about going to church, who now could exercise his priesthood and bless his family forever. The branch is really helping them too and I'm so excited for them to be able to go to the temple and be sealed as a family. I gave them all big hugs and hope I'll be able to come back and give the mom a hug someday. I know those two boys can be great missionaries someday and it was just so amazing to be able to be a part of blessing an entire family. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to be here at this time to come to know and love the family Aquino.

I have been really digging up all the good stuff in my studies of the scriptures. I had been reading some scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants 58 earlier, but then a footnote sent me there and I loved D&C 58:41. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much, but He also wants us to be better and that scripture really hit me. These men were so great, but still had to repent and I'm so grateful that I can repent daily too.

I felt grateful more than ever for my pioneer heritage and for the amazing examples I have been blessed with my entire life. Thank you friends and family, because friends are family too, and family are the best friends we have.

I found an old Liahona and loved the talk ''I Love Noisy Boys''. I think that's what it's called in English. It's a good reminder to look at the eternal in each and every one of us. Thanks again for helping me grow up right, far from perfect, but I'm working on it.

I'm so ready for this week and I'm gonna keep giving it my all. It was so awesome to mow the church lawn, even if it was just for a couple of seconds. I'm so excited to do yard work at home. Love you all so much.

You're all in my prayers. And for those of you doing finals, I'll be praying a little extra for you too.

Love your best friend forever and always,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 
 
 
Mowing the lawn never felt so good, the grounds keeper guy at the church let me have a go.       

What a beautiful family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment