Monday, March 10, 2014

It Rained!

Hola Chicos,

Yeah, so that was crazy go nuts this week. It not only rained twice, but thrice (cool word). It rained on Thursday enough to get the ground and streets a little wet and I thought that was pretty crazy. I hadn't seen that in a really long time. And then Saturday and Sunday it decided to make a trifecta or something like that. Well, it was really surprising and cool, but nothing compared to Thailand (shout out to Elder Ryan Tirrell) or just about any other mission in the world. Matthew is gonna understand me when I say that Lima is a DESERT. End of story. But I still love it here.

Last Monday was so awesome because we bought a bunch of stuff at the store and then made delicious sandwiches. I found some barbecue sauce, which is equal to heaven on earth and drenched that baby (sandwich) in good old American flavor. It ended up that the barbecue sauce was just about the only thing I could really taste and it was so delicious. I felt like Jake Knell.  I hope you all appreciate the awesomeness.
It was really fun because I was just being a goofball and doing all sorts of things. The best part was throwing around the football (thanks to the Aunties for sending that for Christmas) and just relaxing for a little bit. We went to a place with grass and it was just messing with my mind. I definitely wasn't in Lima for a little bit. It was so much fun and I just felt like I was hanging out with all of my friends. So, it would seem like you all know now what I'm gonna want to do when I get home.

We met a cool investigator that out of the nothing said Melquisedec Priesthood. Well, I've never heard that from an investigator before so that was super crazy. I sure hope she reads the Book of Mormon because I know she'll get a lot of answers to her questions there. She obviously reads the Bible a ton, but is still searching.

We got dropped hard by Angelo so that was pretty crazy. He just told us that he didn't want it while he was drinking his beer. I felt really bad for him, but knew we had done all of our part. We've been praying with our investigators and then giving them a time of silence to help them feel the Spirit as Elder Tanner Christensen suggested and it's been so amazing. Thanks so much Tanner for helping a brother out.

We did an awesome service this week where we threw bricks in a chain to build a house. It's something cool they do here in Lima. We just stand in a line and throw the bricks to each other. Then we carried a ton of rocks up the hill and I had such a good work out that day. I'm getting buff, well not really, but I'm not fat either so I feel good.

We met another really cool couple named Edwin and Ruth who are 7th Day Adventists like Fernando and Sonya. They were super friendly and gave us some juice and we talked for a long time. They're super cool and I hope they read the Book of Mormon like they committed to. They seem really happy in their religion, but I know they can be even happier. I'm so grateful to know that my family can be together forever.

I was reading in 2 Nephi 10:16 and it lead me to Matthew 12:30, Mark 9:40, and then Luke 9:50. I know we are with Him in this great work whether we are missionaries or not. I just feel so grateful to be working alongside our Savior.

I love the mission so much and am so grateful for everyone of you. Have the best week ever and know you are all in my prayers.

Love your amigo fiel,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment