Monday, June 16, 2014

Return from Outer Space

Hey Everyone,

For real though. My area is such a crazy place. A member joked this week about how we have to take a rocket to get to our area (we actually have to take a taxi, but it's about the same). I'm loving it so much here though and sand is getting in all my everythings. It's a great adventure and I won't be forgetting it any time soon.

My companion is super cool. He reminds me a lot of Jon-Micheal George and Jordan Barrow mixed together so maybe that gives you all a good understanding. For those of you who don't understand, just know he's awesome and we're getting along great. It's fun to remember my friends back home and to maybe know how to be a better friend with him. We teach really well together and the little things that used to bother me with other companions just don't bother me so much anymore cause I don't really know why, but it sure is cool. He's a hard worker and we are seeing so many miracles. Maybe I should just name my area Miracle Land or something like that. It's something special. So he's from Argentina like I think he said from Tucuman. Just really happy with him.

In my studies this week I studied Mosiah 2 and a little of 3. It took pretty much the whole week to read and study all the footnotes and then remember some other scriptures that I had read that related. It's amazing to me once again how simply the doctrine is presented, but then how much we can learn if we apply our hearts to learning. I really liked the part about opening our ears and our hearts so we can hear and understand. I also studied the scriptures in Lesson 1 of Preach My Gospel about the Book of Mormon and praying and really liked learning once again in Doctrine and Covenants about receiving revelation and making our decision and then asking God.

My spiritual experience of the week was going back to Rosales. It was really special to be able to go back there and see some people that I had taught, but wasn't able to baptize, who are faithful members. It was great to be able to pass by some other people and present them to Elder Rodriguez there. We also went by a less active who I was teaching a year ago that was making a lot of progress, but has since lost his steam, he got really excited and felt the need to go back to church. It was just really great to see all of those people and help them come even closer to Christ. I just felt the Spirit testifying to me that our work really does reach farther than just the couple weeks or months we have in an area. A joven that is preparing for the mission (Josafat) accompanied us the whole day and that was definitely the most special because I was led to find him, teach him, and baptize him over a year ago. I was able to remember how I felt back then and how it just felt natural, but now looking back it was all the hand of the Lord. That was one of the most special days of my mission.

It was great to see Hna Eva my old pensionista and just feel at home in her house. She was always so nice to me and I'm grateful for all the love she shows the missionaries. She reminds me a ton of Oma and that's fun too.

So, the World Cup is pretty cool. It hasn't been too bad on our work, it's just fun cause everyone is super excited. I of course hear all the updates so that's great too. It's weird to me though how little interest I have. I mean, I like it and it's cool, but I'm just so happy to be working and giving my all to God. I'm grateful for sports and I'm excited to watch them after the mission, but for now things are just too great to miss in the work.

Oh yeah, sorry about last week. 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

I hope it was a great day for all you fathers out there. I love you so much Dad and Opa and Papa too. And all my uncles and cousins and just everyone. Thanks for being such great examples to me.
I hope you all have the best week ever and know that you are all in my prayers. I love you more than I could ever say and am loving it here in Villas.

Love your intergalactic missionary,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
 

Josafat -- one of the coolest guys ever!

Villas de Ancon at night
 


No comments:

Post a Comment