Monday, June 16, 2014

Toothbugs

Hey everyone,

You won't ever believe it. Miracle of the week. Well, first of all to get you all updated.

I am currently serving in a ward called Miramar. It is the very last part of Lima called Ancon. I'm actually serving in the part called Villas de Ancon. It's like nothing I could have ever imagined. It's like 30 minutes away from the church so that's cool and I just feel like I'm in Mars sometimes. It's just a ton of dust, 0 roads, and a little bit of hill, but not too bad. The people there are mostly poor and have come from all of PerĂș to find work in Lima. It's crazy, but I have seen so many miracles too. I'm loving it and could never have imagined to be here. It's actually right next to my old area of Rosales in the stake Puente Piedra and God must have a great purpose for me to be here.

My companion is Elder Sayoud. He's from Tucuman, Argentina and he's a pretty cool guy. We've had a great week together and I'm looking forward to learning some more from him. He played rugby before the mission and is super funny.

So yeah, the miracle of miracles. I was looking through an old hymn book in Spanish and saw Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam in Spanish and thought that was super cool. So I was about to put it down and then I saw 3 great words ''Lavémonos los Dientes'' I could hardly believe my eyes. I had found The Toothbug Song in Spanish. I sang it loud and proud and thought a bunch about Oma. Thanks so much Oma for always singing to us. I sure am looking forward to singing with you again and anyone else that wants to join us. That really was just too cool to even describe. You Wheatley's should all understand, but for everyone else, my grandma would always sing that song to us before bed when we were together and so I kept the tears in.

Oh yeah, so for reals. I am definitely living on Mars. I really can't describe it. I just live so far away from everything else, but the people made the effort to go to church. I wrote this part to President

My spiritual experience was definitely how the three people went to church. Matt has been really excited for his baptism, but his sister loves being Catholic and says she feels so good when she goes to church. We just kept inviting her and helping her to understand all the good that she has felt as she has read the Book of Mormon and she committed to going to church. We were afraid we were going to be late, but they were all changed and waiting for us at the main road to take the car to the church. After she said she felt good, but it wasn't the same as the Catholic. She just kept saying that it's good, but not as good. Well, she said she can't miss her brothers baptism and said she's willing to go again and that she's going to keep reading in the Book of Mormon so we'll just keep helping her along the way. She really wants to know and God is working things out for her. Hermana Charo also told us she wasn't going to be able to go to church. So we invited her to accompany us to the baptism of the elders in Miramar. She went and really enjoyed it. We just kept talking about her being baptized on the way back too. Then the next day she came over and told us that she was going to go to church with us. God is really working miracles here and I'm so grateful to be in Villas de Ancon.

It's just so cool being here and I'm really happy. I was able to see Josafat who I baptized over a year ago in Rosales and he said he's working on his papers for the mission. He's the one that read the whole Book of Mormon before his baptism and one of the greatest spiritual experiences of my entire mission. I love him so much and know he must be a part of the reason that I'm here agan.

I love you all more than I could ever say. I hope you have the best week ever!

Have tons of fun this last week Johnny. And everyone that can just give him a huge hug for me. You're going to do great things in Scotland and Ireland.

Love your happy and not toothbug laden friend,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley


My new companion Elder Sayoud from Tucuman, Argentina

Here I am in Villas de Ancon  -- kind of looks like Mars!

The Toothbug Song in Spanish!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment