Monday, June 30, 2014

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

This week was pretty awesome, but more than anything I am just so PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! I love the US of A more than ever and enjoyed singing the patriotic songs in the hymn book yesterday. It's kind of a weird feeling right now, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pretty much all week I was just thinking about how much I love Perú and how much I'm gonna miss it. I've become so used to all the things that used to make me feel so weird and uncomfortable. Now it feels like my second home just like everyone said it would (I especially remember Nomi talking to me about that). It definitely has a big place in my heart, but then this week reminds me of what it's all about.

I love America so much and am so grateful that I was born in that land. We have all been blessed so much by God's hand. So yeah, I could just rant and rave for like 10 hours about all of that, but probably not the best use of my time. I just hope you all enjoy the week and have the best 4th of July ever. I'll definitely be thinking about all of you. Have fun with the fireworks and know that next year is just gonna be even better. I love the USA so much!

The mission continues to be awesome and I continue to learn so much everyday. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

So about Hermana Charo, our landlady, and her baptism. We taught her about only having one earring and she took out the second one right away. She invited us over to eat breakfast on Sunday before we went to church and asked for forgiveness because it was day old bread now that she knows she shouldn't buy on Sundays (that is so amazing, I would say about 99% of the members don't understand they shouldn't buy on Sundays), and she is willing to pay tithing on the little money she reserves as support from her son. Her daughter also went in for tests and they found cancer again, but Hermana Charo is going strong. She is so full of faith and I hope I can come back to visit her someday. She is just so so so special.

I got an email from Rosa the wife of Luis Vigo (the first guy I baptized) and she told me that her daughter, who lives in Spain and was less active, is now going to church and her husband was baptized and her daughter will be soon. That is just so amazing.  YOu can never know how far the things we do can reach. I never imagined this and the mission is just so amazing.

In my studies this week I was able to finish the words of King Benjamin. It was really different this time as I meditated about taking Christ's name upon us or being called by His name. I reflected on the covenants we make at baptism and in the temple too and it's really cool to read the same scriptures at different times in my life, after making more covenants and having more knowledge. It all becomes clearer as we are able to combine it all and it never ceases to amaze me how simple and powerful the covenants we make with God are.

My miracle for the week was yesterday. We had met a family that lives way far away and the son had committed to coming to church. He was so excited from the first time we invited him to go to church. The meeting had already started and I had kind of just accepted that he wasn't going to make it. Then my companion said we should go out and call him. He said he was on his way, but from my experience I just didn't think he was going to make it. We waited for a couple minutes outside and then out of the nothing he just appears walking. It was so great to see him and then during church he was really helped by the young men. They became his friends really quickly and stuck with him all day. He's 16 and we're teaching his family. They're great too and we're going to help the whole family go this week.

It sounds like the World Cup is going great. Just happy once again to be on the mission. It's really weird how those things that were so cool before the mission just don't seem to be as important now. It's cool to hear about it all, but I'm just too happy doing the Lord's work to even think about being distracted. Not saying I'm perfect, but I sure am trying. Thanks to all of you guys for being such great examples to me.

I love you all more than I could ever say. I hope you have the best week and 4th of July ever. I pray that God blesses America as He always has. We are so blessed to live in such a promised land.

Love your happy as ever boy in the other promised land,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

My dominion by day (Catholic church in the background) ........
and by night

Our wonderful landlady's baptism

Amazing maracuyá (gonna miss this fruit).
 
Classic Nephi pic

Besos de moza (still my weakness)

No comments:

Post a Comment