Sunday, April 28, 2013

Don't be Hasty

Hello Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoo, hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great time we're all having down here in Perú. I hope it's going equally well for all of you living in the land of make believe. (I sometimes call it that because it's only in my dreams, which have been coming on strong lately). So this week was crazy and I'll do my best to help you all be excited too.

Well, the time keeps speeding up and as far as I can see you are all super busy too and that's a good thing to hear. Before I get too far, I want to make sure you are all taking some time to have fun and relax too though. It's good to stay busy and get things done, but those little fun times are some of the funnest to remember. Just go out and get an ice cream with your siblings or sit down and play a board game. I'll be tearing ''Sorry'' up when I get home as well as ''Farkle'' because two years of luck is just building up on me right now.

I got to have a work visit with a new elder this week and it was a really great experience. His name is Elder Arnett and he's fresh out of the CCM. With 6 weeks it seemed like things were going crazy and I was really happy I got to be with him. He's a great Elder and I learned so much from him. His simple testimonies were so powerful and brought the Spirit so quickly. I also got to reflect a lot on how far I've come and I amazed myself. It was pretty cool to realize how normal I feel with everything going on all around me. We just got on the bus then I told them where to stop and we got off. I looked back and was like, YEAH!!! I guess it's really like everyone always says, it just takes TIME. I realized how far I've come with Spanish and how I can really communicate and then the rest of the week I kept seeing how comfortable I am to be in such a strange place. All you people who have gone on missions know what I'm talking about and it sure is a nice feeling. 

This week I was also smacked with a good one as our baptismal date fell through. He's 22 and his mom is also listening to us and everything was going great. Then one day we were passing by and she asked us to come in. It was a little scary and my companion was super weirded out. We both knew what was going to happen and she said she likes the Church and wants to be baptized, she just doesn't like how persistent we are. It's not the first time I've been dropped by an investigator, but she is the first person who said she didn't like us coming over so often (once or twice a week). She's having a hard time though because she straight up said that she likes drinking and smoking. I'm not really sure what to do, but we are learning to have even more patience and I know the Lord will take care of it all. Oh the adventures!

We were a little disheartened, but then we had weekly planning and realized how many people there are in our area to teach and to help come unto Christ. It really amazes me all the blessings we are receiving from God and I know they will keep coming as we keep doing our best to be obedient and just work. Sometimes I'm tired and think it would be nice to just rest a day, and then the next day we leave an hour or two late for a myriad of reasons and I am just bored out of my mind. I think we can safely say that I'm going crazy, but I'm sure loving it. For all you people leaving on missions, those two words will change your life. Obedience and Work.

Now for a couple things I will never stop missing from the good ol´US of A. I smelt something like a barbecue going on yesterday and that was just about enough to make this missionary cry. Okay, not for real but I sure miss it. Also, I miss green, there's just no denying it. Utah seems like the Garden of Eden to me right now. And on to the most important, NOISE RESTRICTIONS. I don't know exactly what the law is here, but no one obeys it if there is one. Saturday nights are definitely party nights and I'm sure grateful for the ear plugs I brought from home. Just a couple things I'm grateful for.

This last week we had interviews with President Dorius and it was awesome. It was about 10 minutes, but I sure learned a lot. I'm looking forward to getting to know my new mission president too.

Oh yeah, Josafat, aka, the best investigator I have ever seen, got to go to the temple this week. He loved it and is enjoying reading the Bible now that he has finished the WHOLE ENTIRE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE. I have no idea how it all just happens, but God is merciful. I just talked to this kid on the street and next thing I know he's reading the scriptures like a mad man. For all of you out on missions, just keep it up. I have such a testimony that Heavenly Father prepares His children to hear His message. They're not all the same, but there truly are prepared people just waiting for us.

As for my reading for the week, I loved it. Moroni is such an awesome guy. So young and fearless. I really loved Alma 48:17-18 and then to finish it all off with 19. Helaman was such an awesome guy too and went on to lead one of the greatest armies I've ever heard of. I also really liked Alma 44:10 because when it's over, it's time to be over. Alma 47 is a great example that we can't come down even a little, we need to stand strong in truth and righteousness. Alma 50:23 with 2 Nephi 5:27 definitely help us find the key to happiness. And above all else, I'm a guy and reading about wars is just pretty interesting. Wars, peace, and preaching.

I love you all so much and hope everything is going well. Have the greatest week ever and don't worry about me because I am loving life here in Perú. Now we just have to keep it all going. It's all flying by and you gotta love it.

Love your pal in Perú,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment