Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wise Optimist


Wow, oh, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the greatest week of my whole mission. So good!

We got to go to the temple Tuesday and it is the most amazing place. Even just being on the grounds was so peaceful. It seemed like the sounds of the city just couldn't reach us and I was finally able to touch the grass. It felt so nice to lie down and relax. Going through the temple was also so special. I am so grateful for the temple in our lives. I am so looking forward to doing the temple session with all my brothers out there and everyone else in my grand family. There is really no describing the feelings I felt. I wasn't overpowered by the Spirit or anything, but the constancy of the peace I felt was pretty overwhelming. I haven't felt so peaceful in all my time in PerĂº and wouldn't trade that feeling for anything. I know it was the Spirit and am so grateful I was able to go. It was great to hear that you got to go too Mom and Dad. Keep going all of you and I'll keep the temple close in my thoughts and heart.

Before I forget. Happy Birthday my brother Johnny Liao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never stop praying for you and hope everything is going well for you in school along with everyone else who is currently studying or working. Just keep up the good work and I'll be doing my job down here in PerĂº.

I also want to thank Charlie for the letter last week.

I don't know if Daniel Wheatley gets my emails, but I just wanted to let him and the whole world know that he is a boss. I loved your email home last week and this week was awesome too. Just keep the work going down/up there in the South. I got your letter along with Rachel's yesterday and they were so great. I also got a letter from Starszy Jacob Jespersen and was laughing and just so happy for all of them. Thank you so much for all of the love and support you all give to me.

This week I was also able to spend some time with my best friend in the mission Elder Howell. We are pretty similar and it's fun to talk with him about all sorts of things. I am so grateful for all of the people I have come to know and love on the mission. He is being transferred tomorrow and I am staying with my companion. I am really excited for him and me too. We will both have the experiences we need. The Lord really is over His work.

Now on to the best part of the whole week. GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that was the most amazing General Conference of my entire life and I am forever changed. I was thinking about all the changes I need to make and was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. I was pretty happy the whole time and was just soaking up the Spirit along with the revelation. I went home and decided to say a prayer and my life was forever changed. I was thinking about the talk that said we know who Our Heavenly Father is and what He looks like and I just wanted to see Him. I felt like I knew Him, but still don't remember His face. I finally had the faith and the courage to do something I have wanted to do for some time now, but just took the initiative yesterday. I promised I wouldn't talk bad about anyone or anything or think bad about anyone or anything from that moment on. I know I will slip up and it's going to be pretty hard, but I am committed. I have to admit that I sometimes like making fun or talking bad, it seems to make things easier sometimes, but I know that isn't true because it isn't the way of God. It's going to be a big change, but I promised to be an optimist. I also want to be a realist though and I expressed that in my prayer. Then I got a letter from Uncle Lane that was supposed to arrive in November, but went to the MTC. He wrote in there about being a ''wise optimist'' and I realized that is what the Lord wants me to be. I encourage you all to join me on this quest for perfection. We aren't going to make it there overnight, or probably even during the course of my mission or life, but we can make it together. I AM SURE OF IT!

We can do this together. Whatever you felt during General Conference, just do it with me. I missed all the family and eating monkey bread, but will be there eating with you all soon enough.

Have the greatest week ever. I am really enjoying the Book of Mormon reading and although I fell behind a little, I am so excited for this next week.

Remember I love you so much and am praying for you. You are the greatest gift I have ever been given.

Love your best friend forever,
Elder Aaron Micah Wheatley
The temple is so amazing.



I finally got to sit/lie on grass and it felt so wonderful!


The visitor sitting area reminded me of a hobbit hole a little. Just fun to think about those good things.








My best friend in the mission -- Elder Howell

No comments:

Post a Comment