Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pica la Pulga (Flea Bites)

Hey everybody,
This week was just a grand adventure. I hope it was great for all of you guys too and that you are all excited for school to start up.
I'm so excited for Charlie and Kaitlyn (no idea how to spell that) this week. Sorry about that, I'll learn how to spell it when I get to meet her for sure. I'm excited to have our family get even bigger and I'm excited for the Youngs to be coming to Provo to make us even that much closer. I love you all so much and will be thinking about you all Saturday.
I forgot to tell you last week that Elder Sines was transferred. I learned so much from him and definitely miss  him, but know he is doing great things where he is. I grew a lot with him and am looking forward to growing even more with my companion Elder Arciniegas. He is from Ecuador and is a really cool guy. He only has 3 months on the mission and is a really humble guy ready to be taught. I just am praying that I can guide him for the correct path. I keep learning new things each and everyday and even though I'm not training I feel it is great preparation to be a parent. It takes patience and humility and a lot of love. Thanks for always showing me those three things.
Probably the coolest story this week was how I found Haribo gummi bears in the store here. I loved every single last one of them and it was fun to be thinking about Dad. I don't know if they are better straight from Germany, but I was in heaven for a little bit.
Yesterday, Antonio got the priesthood and it was so cool to watch him bless the sacrament. He was pretty nervous, but it was such a great experience. That family is so special and I feel so blessed to have been here during the time that they were ready to hear the gospel.
We worked a lot this week with less actives and I love it so much. I don't know why it is so fulfilling to me, but I feel like I am doing what President Monson has asked of us ''To the Rescue''. I love helping people realize what they have once felt and later forgotten. The gospel is so special and everyone needs help along the path.
I didn't write much else down to remind me to write this week, but know I am happy and healthy. It's definitely not easy, but it's getting so much better. I love it here in PerĂº and wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
I hope everyone has a great week starting up school and getting back into the swing of things. I'm praying for all of you and know the Lord is watching over you.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. I feel it so much.

Love your amigo fiel,
Elder Aaron Wheatley

No comments:

Post a Comment